Oncology Specialist (cancer), Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
6405 N Federal Hwy
Ste 402
Imperial Point, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33308
954-771-8888
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 12th, 2014

DR GATES IS A VERY BAD DOCTOR !! DONT TRUST HIM AT ALL!!! IM JUST TRY TO LIVE SOMEONE LIFE!!!

|  Excellent!!  |  show details
Jul 22nd, 2013

I traveled from Virginia to Ft. Lauderdale's Holy Cross Hospital because I had heard such wonderful things about Dr. Gates...and they were all true. Even other doctors highly recommend him. I had both polycystic ovaries (along with a portion of my sigmoid colon removed) laporascopically, and all I have is a 1" scar beside my belly-button! I was walking the next day, and had only a Tylenol drip because the pain was so minimal. He was kind, caring, and an excellent surgeon!! I would recommend him to anyone.

by Belinda lee Mercer on Jul 20th, 2013

Dr, Jason Gates and or Dr.Caruso and at the time of my emergency ,saved me.Both excellent Dr's when I was at imperial point hospital er.

|  A wonderful Doctor  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

My experience with Dr. Jason was a great one. A very kind and caring Doctor. He was highly recommended and found him to a great doctor. I recently had surgery and was very scared being over weight a little bit, Dr. Gates assure me that he would do everything possible for a successful surgery and he did. I am now recovering nicely. Thank you Dr. Gates.EJ

Aug 17th, 2012

Great doctor. Excellent bedside manner. I wouldn't see anybody else. Took a little wait to get an appointment with him but so well worth it in the end. His office staff is great and very helpfull. Thanks Dr. Gates!

|  The Best Doctor and Surgeon(B. King)  |  show details
Sep 2nd, 2011

Dr. Gates is awesome doctor and surgeon. He is kind, caring, knowledgable, talent and compainated. He is a GIFTED doctor who's skills are profound. He is the "BEST" you can "Trust" him. Look know further. After my surgery I was well pleased with the results. Thanks Dr.Gates to You and Your Staff.

Jul 5th, 2011

I read other reviews and was skeptical about the dr and his staff. The staff was super nice and the doctor was never arrogant nor did he ever rush through my appointment. He was very professional and answered my questions with words I could understand.

|  Staff Lacking Professionalism  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2011

Acute care needed...but zero empathy or urgency from staff. Blase attitude, borderline rude with little regard for immediacy or concern for patient needs. If Dr. Gates is truly a good G.O. - his unprofessional staff is severely hurting his image and practice.

Mar 22nd, 2010

Seems quite knowledgeable but uncaring and detached. Poor bedside manner. Maybe I caught him a a bad time.

|  Too eager to do surgery  |  show details
by sfmom on Mar 13th, 2010

I had heard great things about Dr. Gates. Fortunately, my common sense kicked in and I got a second opinion from another doctor. I was able to avoid the expense and duress of surgery.

by Brenda on Oct 26th, 2009

Dr Gates saved my life. I was very sick and Had a large abdominal Tumor! It was bigger than a basketball. He was able to remove it. Iam still here 2 years later thanks to him. He treated me with alot of concern and care! I felt safe under his care.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
by W. Irwin on Jul 25th, 2009

He is the best surgeon in his field ofgynecologic oncology in the Fort Lauderdale area. He was my surgeon and I had a complete hysterectomy after I developed some problems. My recovery time was very short because he is skilled in using laproscopic and robotic techniques as well as vaginal surgery and of course abdominal surgery. I would recommend him to anyone. He also operates on many women with advanced cancer problems--uterine, cervical and ovarian. In addition to being the best, he is also very nice.

|  a real doctor  |  show details
by anonymous on Oct 22nd, 2008

He is one of the few who is still in the "healing arts" rather than the "medical industry"

Jul 15th, 2008

I have nothing but the highest recommendation for Dr. Gates. I had a complete hysterectomy in December 2007, and the level of surgical skill and follow up were excellent. My uncle, himself a physician (retired), found my recuperation remarkable. That I was able to return to work part-time after two plus weeks, speaks volumes. Excellent surgeon. Very good experience.