Dr. Jason Helliwell, MD
Obstetrician & Gynecologist

Video profile

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
by Erin Mccoy on Jun 17th, 2016

Very nice and professional Doctor. Always felt taken care of listened to.

Mar 12th, 2016

Excellent.

Extremely professional and caring show details Extremely professional and caring
Jan 19th, 2016

Dr Helliwell is a caring, compassionate and extremely professional doctor. I have been more than pleased with every visit, including my labor and delivery. My baby needed NICU nurses immediately after birth and Dr Helliwell made sure they were there and ready to help assist the baby. Four days later, I suffered eclampsia with three granmal seizures. Dr Heliwell was the doctor that came everyday to ICU and conferred with the neurolgist. His bedside manners to both myself and my family were impeccable. He is an excellent physician and made me feel safe and trusted in his decisions. It was a true blessing to have had him and I feel confident his decisions saved both my baby and myself!

Nov 17th, 2015

Doctor is thorough and answers all of my questions. The medical assistants are knowledgable and always help when I have questions. I feel safe discussing my needs with the staff and feel they really care about me as a patient.

by In good hands on Nov 13th, 2015

The staff and doctor are very accomadating to your needs. Especially when your nervous about a procedure or simply discussing options that are best for you as an individual. I feel blessed to have a doctor who cares, and is looking out for my health so that I can be as healthy as I can be.

by Loved my Experience on Nov 2nd, 2015

He was always very professional and made sure he answered all my questions.

Oct 31st, 2015

the staff and the doctor are always nice and attentive. I live across town but prefer coming here for medical treatment because they are very professional and make me feel safe.

Oct 25th, 2015

He has been very informative, thorough, and patient. He was attentive to the issues I was having, and followed through with what needed to be done to help me.

by Excellent staff on Oct 19th, 2015

The doctors and staff are excellent in providing care.

Oct 18th, 2015

Overall I have been pleased with every aspect of my treatment and information on different therapies giving me the best options for what would work for me.

Aug 4th, 2015

Very professional and respectful.

Apr 27th, 2015

Love the dr. Sometimes the wait time is extremely long but it's well worth it.

Nov 25th, 2014

I was walked through the process from begining to end. My questions and concerns were answered promptly.

Excellent doctor show details Excellent doctor
Jul 29th, 2014

The Doctor was excellent. I have great results with my breast implants so far. I am really happy with the doctor. Some of the staff needs to be a little more polite.

Doctor's Response

We appreciate all feedback, as it helps us to provide the best possible care to our patients. It is always heartening to read positive comments about Dr. Helliwell and our practice. Likewise, it concerns us to learn about problems with any part of a patient's experience. Typically, our staff does a terrific job of setting a welcoming and caring tone for each patient visit. However, none of us are perfect, and we are all prone to having a bad day once in a while. We apologize if a staff member's rare bad day has ever negatively impacted the care of a patient. Our goal is to deliver 100% patient satisfaction, and we are always disappointed when this standard is not reached. Our door is always open to our patients should they want to discuss any aspect of their care - positive or negative.

by H.V. on Sep 6th, 2013

All the staff is very nice. Dr. Helliwell Is very patient, and answers all my questions.--HV

Aug 30th, 2013

Would have appreciated a bit more information regarding the smartlipo Healing after the procedure. I was unprepared for the amount of bleeding, staff explained it as leaking that actually occurred. Was so much that I was concerned something was wrong. It totally freaked out my husband. But all turned out well, I was just not prepared for the direct aftermath of the procedure with the few days of bleeding/leaking.

Doctor's Response

First, thank you for your feedback. We go to great lengths to provide the best possible care to all of our patients before, during and after their procedure. Your constructive feedback helps us to evaluate the information we provide our patients to ensure we're as thorough as possible in preparing patients after the procedure. We try really hard to be thorough, so our patients are informed and comfortable during the recovery process, however, every patient is different. We're glad to hear your cosmetic end result met your expectations. Our staff and Dr. Helliwell are available any time you have concerns or questions regarding your treatment. Please don't hesitate calling us to discuss directly.

Mar 23rd, 2013

I was made to feel very comfortable every time I was in the office. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The Dr. Made me feel comfortable as well.

by Jessica Carter on Mar 19th, 2013

Their staff is the worst I have ever seen! they lie when they say they will get back to you! Dr. Jason if you see this, you need to fire your rude staff and hire people who actually care and not lie to your could have been patients!!!!!! disgusting!!!!!!!!

Mark as Helpful  | 16 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Doctor's Response

I welcome all feedback - whether it is good, bad or neutral and take it very seriously. My staff and I want all of our patients to have a positive experience with our practice. My staff deals with many patients on a daily basis and make every effort to be considerate, thorough and at the same time, accommodating, with each patient in regard to billing and scheduling. Understanding what happened in your specific circumstance would help guide us. I encourage you to please call our office at your earliest convenience so we can discuss your concerns more personally.

by Itzel Rodriguez on Feb 23rd, 2013

I appreciate Dr.Helliwell for everything he's done. I had the best experience ever. His staff was always very helpful and friendly and am very happy with my results.

My favorite doctor! show details My favorite doctor!
by K.C. on Feb 22nd, 2013

Dr. Helliwell has always very attentive and helpful. He listens to every concern and answers every question.

by M.R. on Feb 21st, 2013

He's a very caring doctor and answers all my questions.

Best doctor I could have ever gone to! show details Best doctor I could have ever gone to!
by A.R. on Feb 19th, 2013

Amazing! Best doctor I could have ever gone to!

Nov 13th, 2012

Dr. Helliwell is helpful and friendly.

Nov 9th, 2012

Dr. Helliwell is a great, caring doctor.

Nov 8th, 2012

This was my first visit to Advanced Women's Health Center and they exceeded my expectations in overall care, convenience, accommodations and services. In addition to being thorough and informative, Dr. Helliwell makes you feel comfortible and at ease with a professional bedside manner. Every Staff member I encountered from the moment I walked through the door to the moment I left was very welcoming and friendly. I am glad I was referred to this Doctor and would recommend him and this office to everyone.

Nov 8th, 2012

One of the best doctors and staff.

Jul 23rd, 2012

Dr. Helliwell is very helpful and understands the needs of his patients. Michelle S., Bakersfield, CA

Bakersfield Great doc show details Bakersfield Great doc
Jun 6th, 2012

Dr Helliwell is a great Dr and I would recommend him. I am very happy with my breast augmentation. I was nervous but Dr Helliwell made me feel very comfortable and made sure that I was taken care of. For my follow up the staff was great and very caring.

Mar 17th, 2012

I have gone to Dr. Helliwell for a few years for bio-identical hormones (age 40-50) and PAPs. I've never waited long - maybe 30 minutes at most, and usually much less. He doesn't seem to look at the patient's file/records during the visit, so it seems like he could miss something. And sometimes he doesn't seem to have seen recent test results when they should be there. But he will spend time with you and listen and solve problems and accommodate your preferences, which is great. If you don't want to have procedure (such as a mammogram), he will explain why he thinks it is important, but he will let you decide and not pressure you.

Very happy with results show details Very happy with results
Mar 9th, 2012

I decided to have breast augmentation after my cousin got hers done with Dr. Helliwell and her results came out amazing. I chose to go straight to Dr. Helliwell's office where the staff treated me with kindness and were always there to help me or answer any questions. The first time seeing Dr. Helliwell, he came off as caring and honest. He always told me the risks and how cosmetic results do not come out 100% perfect. He always answered all of my questions and even would tell me extra things I should know. Surgery went just how I expected and so did my recovering time. My breast came out looking amazing and I am very happy. I do recommend Dr. Helliwell to everyone who is looking to feel and look better.I sure will return back if I need anything else done.

Great doctor show details Great doctor
Feb 18th, 2012

Dr. Helliwell always takes time to discuss any issues I may have. He is very clear in his answers. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed with the ultrasound technician's hours. It was hard to get in when I needed too. I felt that they needed to have a back-up technician to help out.

Feb 11th, 2012

Everything was great until I met my insurance deductible for the year and no longer had to pay out of pocket. When trying to get in for an iud after having my baby, which btw I was seen for in this office I was told my insurance would have to be checked and I would receive a phone call back. After calling every week for 4 months my insurance is now down with and I will be seeing another doctor from now on! The only thing this office cares about is cash!!

Doctor's Response

I read your review. My staff and I have been reviewing our records for the past several years and we have been unable to locate a patient with these issues. Regardless, it was never my intention to disappoint you and for that please accept my apology. I would appreciate the opportunity to try to make it right. Because of privacy issues, I cannot address your concerns on this forum. I invite you to contact our office and make a private appointment either by telephone conference or in-office appointment. -Dr Helliwell

Feb 10th, 2012

My entire visit took about 2 hours - I sat in the lobby for an hour before I was called to the back. I requested to meet the doctor before my exam to discuss history and questions. Dr. Helliwell's personality was extremely dry and non engaging. While his office staff was courteous and polite, I have some serious concerns about some of their office procedures. Although I have insurance,I was asked to pay $100 up front before I could have lab work done at his facility (which is odd because I've never been asked to pay at a medical facility PRIOR to my insurance company paying, and when I explained that my out of pocket costs for lab work is less than $100,I was informed that this was their office procedure) So instead,I had my lab work completed at PAL. A few days later, I received notice from Dr. Helliwell's office that indicated I needed to schedule another appointment with him to receive the results of my lab work. (which I found odd since the form I received in the mail from his office specifically did not check the box for abnormal results) When I called his office to inquire if there was a problem with my results, I was told no, but that I had to schedule an appointment to meet with Dr. Helliwell and pay $100 to get my results. Again...another odd procedure..to incur additional payment to receive "normal" blood results. When I explained to his medical assistant that I was out of state and would prefer a phone call with the doctor about my results, she indicated that results were not shared via phone and the only way I could receive them was by scheduling an appointment to come into the office. Additionally, she told me I would be required to pay $100 for the visit. I refused the appointment and to date I still do not have the results of my blood work.

Doctor's Response

We are sorry for the experience related to getting your normal lab results to you. You are right on this one. If routine lab results are normal, you should be able to receive them without incurring an extra cost - or visit. The challenge is how to transmit this information without creating anxiety for others. For example, if we ordered a HIV test, and it's normal, getting that information over the phone would be a relief. But, if the result is not normal, it could represent a false positive - or the actual disease. That phone conversation would be extremely difficult - and the anxiety it could cause outside a face to face encounter would be more than most people would want. And, we cannot know the result before the blood is drawn. That was the rationale we used for delivering news about labs to patients in the office. But, your note has caused us to reflect on this policy. A more nuanced process would take into account what labs were drawn. If the labs are routine and the result is likely to be normal, then a phone call might make the most sense. If the lab is "not routine" or the result has a reasonable chance of leading to a discussion about false positives, more tests, risks, treatments %u2013 we would prefer to do that in the office. In any event, thanks for the feedback, and helping us think through this issue and update our processes in a more patient-friendly way. Jan 6, 2012 -Dr. Helliwell

Jan 29th, 2012

My experience with Dr Helliwell was wonderful, I was very impressed with the office staff as well. My care and results from my surgery were everything I expected and more.

Breast augmentation went amazing! show details Breast augmentation went amazing!
Jan 25th, 2012

I came to Dr. Jason helliwellafter my cousin and another relativehad breast enhancement (breast augmentation)with Dr. Jason Helliwell. I was anticipating to consult with the doctor because I have been waiting quite some time to save the money!(even though they do offer financing)The staff was extremely nice & pleasant-nothing but smiles!I did not wait long at all until I met with Dr. Helliwell. The nursing staff met with me first to ask a few questions and then the Dr met with me to consult about my desires from the surgery and what I would like to gain and enhance. He also informed me how surgery would go typically (what I would expect pre-op and the day of surgery). I felt at complete ease and comfortable with the nursing staff and Dr. Helliwell with their bedside manner. I scheduled my surgery after my consultation and left that day very happy knowing I would be in great hands. My surgery date was two months after my consultation and Yes I was anxious just like anybody would be, but very excited at the same time. I could not wait to see the results! During surgery the staff was definitely sensitive to my feelings, which made me feel comfortable knowing that they cared about me! Surgery went very smoothly. Dr. Helliwell explained everything to me step by step and informed me about the procedure the whole way through. He answered all of my questions eagerly.After surgery they even took the time to check up on me. I have gotten so many compliments! I have referred many people to Dr. Helliwell and his office,it makes me feel good that others want their work done by him because obviously he did a great job :-)!

Funny show details Funny
Jan 6th, 2012

Its very funny that all these posting sound the same??? I can almost bet all staff wrote all those posting!!!

Doctor's Response

We proactively ask our patients for feedback. And we invite our patients to post about our practice on doctor review sites. We know we cannot make 100% of patients happy 100% of the time. But, we can certainly do our best to try. And we learn from the feedback. -Dr. Helliwell

Great doctor, courteous staff - I recommend AWHC to all my friends show details Great doctor, courteous staff - I recommend AWHC to all my friends
Dec 16th, 2011

I've been a patient for several years and wouldn't go anywhere else. If you suffer from 'White Coat' syndrome, as I do, this doctor is definitely for you - very kind and compassionate.

Dr. Helliwell delivered my 1st child show details Dr. Helliwell delivered my 1st child
Dec 3rd, 2011

Dr. Helliwell is great. My only complaints are focused around wait time and availability of appointments, but this is because he is great and everyone wants to see him! He was great during my labor and listened to all my needs. I just found out I was pregnant with my 2nd and I will be going back to Dr. Helliwell for sure!

Nov 5th, 2011

I had always been interested in breast augmentation, especially since my breasts were always a size different, but waited until after having my 2 boys to have one. I am glad I did, and that I went with Dr. Helliwell to do the procedure. He was very informative and listened to what type of look I wanted to achieve, and really cared about helping me achieve that look within his ability. It has now been 6 months since my breast augmentation, and I am as happy now with my new breasts as I was right after my surgery. Dr. Helliwell performed my surgery under what is known as "twillight", meaning I was still awake. It was amazing! I was able to be lifted up and look into a mirror to see my breasts, which was amazing and beneficial, because I decided to go 100 cc's more on each side. I am a perfect 34D now, which is exactly what I wanted to be. I feel my breasts are a perfect balance to my body shape and size, and would do it all over again with Dr. Helliwell - without a doubt! I've already referred 2 other women to him, one has already gotten a breast augmentation - and loves them - and my other friend is set to have a breast augmentation in less than a month. His staff is amazing and friendly - and they can help make your dreams come true! I was able to set up, get my blood work and mammogram and consultatio with the doctor, and then have my procedure, all within 2 weeks of originally calling. Dr. Helliwell and his staff are amazing, and the Center is very nice - it's like walking into a spa and has an amazing calming effec. Again, I would and have recommended Dr. Helliwell to friends and family, and would go to him again if I ever decided to get another procedure.

Happy Patient show details Happy Patient
Aug 23rd, 2011

IM PREGNANT WITH MY 3RD CHILD AND HAVE HAD THE PLEASURE OF DR. HELLIWELL AT ADVANCED WOMENS HEALTH CENTER DELIVER ALL OF MY CHILDREN, INCLUDING THIS ONE (MY LAST ONE). I CANNOT RECOMMEND THIS OFFICE ENOUGH TO MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY AND TO EVERYONE OUT THERE. WHEN YOU WALK THRU THE DOOR, YOU GET A FEELING OF CALMNESS. RIGHT AWAY WITHOUT SAYING A WORD TO THE FRONT OFFICE THEY WERE FULL OF SMILES. THERE WAS NO WAITING ON MY PAPERWORK FOR ME TO FILL OUT, EVERYTHING WAS NEAT AND READY. AS SOON AS MY PAPERWORK WAS FINISHED, WITH A LITTLE WAIT TIME I WAS CALLED INTO THE BACK BY ANOTHER FRIENDLY FACE, HIS MA! SHE INTRODUCED HERSELF TO ME, EXPLAINED ALL THAT WOULD BE GOING ON IN MY VISIT AND I WAS PLACED IN THE EXAM ROOM. DR HELLIWELL REMEMBERED ME FROM MY PREVIOUS PREGNANCIES AND EVEN THOUGH WEVE DONE THIS BEFORE HE WAS VERY INFORMATIVE OF ALL MY QUESTIONS AND GOING ABOVE ALL THAT I EVER EXPECTED FROM A DR. PRIOR TO MY APPT ENDING HE ORDERED AN ULTRASOUND THE SAME DAY. WITHOUT WAITING, HE WALKED ME OVER AND I WAS GREETED BY ANOTHER FRIENDLY FACE. BRANDI THE ULTRASOUND TECH WAS AWESOME! I GOT TO SEE MY BABY AND HEAR THE HEART BEAT AND SHE EVEN TOLD ME WHAT I WAS HAVING WITHOUT ME ASKING. BOTTOM LINE IS IF YOU WANT A GREAT EXPERIENCE WITH YOUR PREGNANCY AND A WONDERFUL STAFF YOU WILL BE GOING TO SEE DR HELLIWELL AT ADVANCED WOMENS HEALTH CENTER.

Happy Patient show details Happy Patient
by Anonymous on Aug 23rd, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
GREAT OFFICE AND DOCTORS show details GREAT OFFICE AND DOCTORS
by ANGELA NARDUCCI on Jul 15th, 2011

I had a tummy tuck with lipo almost 2 months ago i love my results dr helliwell was a caring doctor that answered all of my questions and he did excellent work. The staff are great the ladies there are really nice and helpful they make you feel great. I would and have recommend his office for procidures for family and friends. For any other plastic surgery i will return to this office everytime.

Love the Dr. Love the Staff! show details Love the Dr. Love the Staff!
Apr 12th, 2011

I have had a couple of procedures with Dr Helliwell and I am completely happy and satisfied with his work. Dr Helliwell is compassionate and has taken good care of me as a patient. For several of my follow up I have had the pleasure of Gina Perez taking care of me, she is also compassionate and taken great care of me, she is amazing! During my procedures I was lucky to have Patricia, Patty, and Connie all taking care of me! I cant say enough about his staff, From Viri whom helped me every step of the way for all the procedures I have had, she is also amazing! To Rochelle who is always very pleasant and always welcomes me with a smile!

Mar 18th, 2011

The wait time in this office is almost offensive. Not uncommon to spend an hour in the waiting room, and then another hour in the exam room. If it wasn't a private practice with excellent equipment, I would be at another office.

this is a wonderful doctor show details this is a wonderful doctor
by evangeline "paige" howard (222) on Mar 17th, 2009

I recently had a minimally invasive surgical procedure by Dr. Jason Helliwell and it was a great experience. This doctor is compassionate and professional. He spent extra time helping me to understand the procedure and what results I could expect from it. I am very happy with the overall experience and would recommend him highly as a doctor.His office offers a wide range of health and cosmetic services. he also has spoken of adding services that would show he is inclined to additional education and training to keep up on the fast pace, every changing field of his expertise. I also have heard great praise of him through freinds that see him as their regular gynecologist and have noticed the patients in the waiting room seem to be comfortable and happy.