Dr. Jason Holcomb MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 1st, 2016
Beware!!
Doctor Holcomb saw me for a right shoulder injury at the Detroit VA hospital. The first visit, I only saw his PA and was treated like I didn't have an injury. Yet, they gave me a steroid shot for tendonopathy. My second visit was worse. His PA again treated me like I didn't have a problem, but I got to see Doctor Holcomb. He reviewed my MRI/Arthrogram, and indicated my shoulder was fine, because he doesn't trust MRI/Arthrogram. His comment to me was that you don't know what's going on in there until you get in there. Yet (before even checking me and after only looking at the MRI) he knew what his ultimate surgical recommendation was. His answer for my problems was a tenodesis surgical procedure. I'm in my 40s and still very active. My MRI disclosed a SLAP tear on the anterior labrum. He seemed to think my labrum was fine, because the radiologist said my inferior and posterior labrum was intact. Thank goodness I got a second opinion which confirmed the SLAP tear. My regular doctor wasn't available, but another doctor in the practice has extensive experience with shoulder injuries. She did a test to see if Doctor Holcomb was right, and there was no pain in my biceps. She then manipulated my arm and pushed it into the tear. Yes, I almost yelled. I'm sure Doctor Holcomb may usually be a good doctor, but for me he lost my trust when he diagnosed without even asking me a question or testing my shoulder.

October 21st, 2009
frozen shoulder
dr holcomb was the best dr. i have ever had. and when u left his office you had no questions he fully explained everything. i had surgery he did a great job .i did not have any pain that is soon as i came thru no pain. what a great job he did. anyone that has shoulder problems u defintely need to bee seen by him. he is a great dr would recommend him to everybody!

October 2nd, 2009
One Real Professional
Dr. Holcomb is a true Medical Professional.Not only he is knowledgable,he can explain his knowledge.It is obvious this is not a job for him, it is his profession (reminds me of the true european doctors, patients come first before protocol!)Wishing him the best, he will not have problems to continue with patient care, more doctors like him would change a lot in today's messed up health care!Good Luck Dr.Holcomb and the best to you and your Colleages!Many referrals to come!