Neurological Surgeons

Strong
University of Rochester Medical Center, N.Y.
601 Elmwood Ave
Rochester, NY 14642
585-276-3049
Locations and availability (2)

• Currently 3.7619047619048 of 4 stars
 |  My recent surgery  |  show details
by vpsptc007@yahoo.com on Aug 4th, 2014

I recently saw Dr. Jason Huang for my back problem. He explained different treatment options to me in great details. I decided to have my back surgery performed by him at Scott & White. My experience with Dr. Huang and the hospital exceeded all my expectations! I would recommend Dr. Huang to anybody who wishes to have back surgery!

|  Dr Huang is truly an amazing surgeon  |  show details
by RM on Apr 7th, 2013

Dr. Huang is an amazing surgeon and person, his assistants were also very helpful and friendly.

|  Dr. Huang cured my back pain!  |  show details
by MB on Mar 3rd, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Huang by a friend of mine who had a successful surgery performed by Dr. Huang. I recently had my back surgery done at Highland Hospital - it was a total success! My pain is gone. Highland Hospital has a new Neurosurgery floor - it is beautiful. My hospital experience was like staying in a 5-star hotel. Dr. Huang is the best!

|  Dr. Huang saved my wife's life  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2012

My wife was involved in a car accident and she suffered a life threatening head trauma. Dr. Huang and his surgical term are miracle workers - they saved my wife's life! I cannot thank him enough!! Dr. Huang is an amazing doctor with outstanding surgical skills. He also saved many solders life as an Army doctor in Iraq!

|  Dr. Huang is the best!!  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2012

I had my back surgery recently at Highland Hospital. Dr. Huang is a truly amazing surgeon and he has an outstanding supporting staff as well.

|  A wonderful experience  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2012

I recently had my back surgery done at Highland Hospital. The surgery went well - the pain and weakness in my legs are gone. The new East 7 Neuro floor at Highland is new and BEAUTIFUL! Kudos to Dr. Huang, who is chief of spine surgery at Highland Hospital, and this wonderful hospital!!

Nov 27th, 2011

Dr. Huang presented information in detail prior to surgery while welcoming patient questions. His staff was extremely helpful in that preparation and is well organized so that Dr. Huang can perform his surgery skillfully. Dr. Huang is a sincere and genuine surgeon with whom I had full confidence. His surgical PAs at Highland Hospital were especially helpful as well.

Nov 25th, 2011

Dr. Huang was recommended to me by a friend of mine who had surgery performed by him with excellent outcome. I saw Dr. Huang for chronic my neck problem with arm weakness. Dr. Huang was extremely knowledgeable and professional so were his entire office staff (Courtney, Lindsey and Cassondra). My surgery went well and my pain is gone! Kudos to Dr. Huang!! I have been extremely impressed with his amazing surgical ability and his dedication to his patients. I would recommend Dr. Huang to any of my friends or relatives who need a neurosurgeon!!

|  Dr. Huang is the best  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2011

Dr. Huang is Chief of Neurosurgery at Highland Hospital. My mother recently had surgery performed by Dr. Huang at Highland and she was very happy with the quality of care that she received. My mother is recovering nicely from her surgery. I can say enough good things about this great doctor!!

Oct 27th, 2011

Dr. Huang is awesome! He is a great surgeon and cured my back pain.

|  A great doctor and excellent office staff  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2011

I was introduced to Dr. Huang's office through my mother, whose brain tumor was removed by Dr. Huang. Dr. Huang is a caring doctor with great clinical skills. I also enjoyed interacting with Dr. Huang's office staff, including his assistant Cassondra (a very sweat young lady). Thanks for all they did for me!

Oct 21st, 2011

Dr. Huang is a great doctor. He did my surgery and both my pain and weakness are gone. I am moving to a different state due to family reasons and I wish I could find another Dr. Huang there!

|  I love Drr. Huang!  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2011

I would recommend Dr. Huang to anyone in the country!! He treated and cured my lumbar disc herniation. As a retired physician myself, I saw several different surgeons in Rochester area before made my decision to have surgery with Dr. Huang. He is the best and we are lucky to have him here in Rcohester!

|  Unprofessional Bedside Manner  |  show details
Oct 15th, 2011

My daughter came there for ongoing hip pain. He spent about 5 minutes evaluating her and sat in his chair and told her he needed to rule out a Tumor.I don't think he even read through her complex medical file prior to her visit. Dr.Huang never even took into context that she had battled an agressive brain Tumor years before. Dr.Huang refused to call back to give her the results of her mri. After several attempts to get ahold of him and a phone call to her oncologist; the nurse pract.called back and informed us that there was NO TUMOR.Her oncologist called in the evening and told us that Dr Huang never even informed him of any of his medical plans. I don't think Dr.Huang has her best interest at heart.I found him to be very UNPROFESSIONAL and I'm confident it will not go unnoticed. The medical world is relatively small.

|  Dr. Huang is the best surgeon at Highland Hospital  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2011

I am an employee at Highland Hospital for over 20 years. My wife suffered from low back pain for many years and I asked the OR staff at Highland for the best spine surgeon. All of them recommended Dr. Huang to me. Dr. Huang performed surgery on my wife's lower back 2 months ago and her back pain is cured! I cannot thank him enough on behalf of my wife and all the patients that he has treated at Highland.

|  The best in Rochester  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2011

Dr. Huang did my back surgery and I am now doing great and pain free. Dr. Huang is compassionate, respectful, knowledgeable, and highly skilled. Keep up the great work!!

|  Dr. Huang is the best in the country!  |  show details
by A thankful patient from Ithaca, NY on Mar 6th, 2011

I have two large thoracic dics causing significant spinal cord compression and saw several different surgeons and nobody was willing to do surgery - said it was too difficult. Dr. Huang, in conjunction with Dr. Raymond, an excellent thoracic surgeon, removed my discs and my symptoms have resolved. Dr. Huang is not only the best in Rochester, but the best in the country!!!

|  A great doctor  |  show details
by ZK on Mar 6th, 2011

Dr. Huang did my neck surgery recently at Highland Hospital. He is an amazing doctor and I would rate him five stars!!

|  I like Dr. Huang  |  show details
by J. P. on Feb 24th, 2011

He is a caring doctor and took his time to give me answers to all my questions. I would recommend him to any patients.

|  Dr. Huang is a great doctor  |  show details
by John A on Jan 30th, 2011

I am an Army National Guard soldier who was referred to Dr. Huang after a failed back surgery. Dr. Huang is a caring doctor with exceptional surgical skills and compassion. He is also an officer in the Army Reserve and treated many soldiers while he was deployed to Iraq in 2008. Recently he performed a re-do surgery for my back and my back pain is improving every week!

|  Dr. Huang saved my wife's life.  |  show details
Jan 5th, 2011

My wife was involved in a roll-over MVA 18 months ago. Dr. Huang performed emergency brain surgery and my wife eventually made a full recovery. Thank you Dr. Huang!!

|  A grateful pateint  |  show details
Dec 11th, 2010

Dr. Huang saved my son's life! Thank you!!

|  Dr. Huang is the BEST doctor!  |  show details
by A thankful patient from Rochester on Dec 4th, 2010

I saw three different surgeons before I met Dr. Huang, who was recommended to me by a friend of mine. He diagnosed my pain coming from a tumor in my leg, not my lower back. After Dr. Huang removed the tumor, my pain was cured. Thank you Dr. Huang!!

|  Michelle  |  show details
by Michelle S. on Nov 21st, 2010

Dr. Huang was an excellent surgeon; he went over all treatment options with me and gave me the time to decide about surgery. The surgery was a huge success!

|  rude  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2010

if that's the way he treats patients he needs to go back to china. maybe they are used to that treatment!inconciderate and no bedside manner!

|  Dr. Huang is an exceptional physician  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2010

He treated me with respect and the surgery went well. My low back pain was cured.