Dr. Jason Hurt MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

December 21st, 2015
Highly recommend
I've had two surgeries with Dr. Hurt. He is wonderful. His bedside manner is both kind and professional. His nurse, Loni, is amazing. Typically, I can get an appointment within 48 hours.

August 31st, 2013
Not Mr. Rogers
He doesn't explain anything and seemed concerned about nothing. His own staff seemed irritated by him (when I was in labor, he disappeared and the nurses kept commenting things like "I wish he'd come back and check on your progress.") They questioned some of the things he did and didn't do, and why he did/didn't do them. Like a previous comment, he pushed for induction - like if I didn't do it, my baby would die.

October 3rd, 2011
Unprofessional
I made an emergency appointment with Dr. Hurt because no other MD was available in the office immediately... I now suspect that this because he can't retain patients. His bedside manner was terrible - completely unprofessional. Based on my medical situation (which was a complete suprise) I was scared, confused, and in pain - and he actually chuckled when he said that I could have died. He was too casual and nonchalant while trying to diagnose a serious problem. While my husband and I were experiencing a true emergency, Dr. Hurt prescribed treatment but seemed to shrug off the implications and our state of mind at the time. He seems like a new doctor, so my hope is that he matures and learns how to treat patients in a way that not only "fixes" the problem physically but also soothes patients during confusing or scary times. Though, I would never recommend this physician to a friend.

December 9th, 2010
I would not recommend Dr. Hurt. He was nice, but totally talked down to me and my husband. He tried to scare us into inducing labor, and we just did not like him one bit!

January 31st, 2011