Overall Review

December 31st, 2015
Dr. Kanos is very professional and always takes his time with me to answer my questions and concerns. He delivered my daughter 10 yrs ago and would highly recommend him bc he's great at what he does!

July 15th, 2014
Wonderful OB with Spock-like mannerisms
Seems cold and indifferent but over time it just became something a bit annoying. But he is so meticulous and respectful, timely, and overall a great OB. So forgive that he might not spend a lot of time with you. And forgive his Spock-like lack of emotions. He's really a wonderful doctor.

June 24th, 2012
Dr. Kanos is a great doctor. I am surprised to see some of the negative reviews about him. His office assistants are very professional and always willing to help. Every time I had to book an appointment they were prompt and accurate. Also, if Dr. Kanos requested an ultrasound follow up at the hospital his staff would book an appointment for me even on a short notice. Throughout my pregnancy he was always genuinely concerned about my babys health and never made a big deal out of small issues. He is professional and well-mannered and it is not true that he has bad bed side manners and that he is cold. He is charismatic and has a witty sense of humor. When I had to call him in an emergency situation several times toward the end of my pregnancy he promptly answered my calls and was very calm and reassuring. I felt safe and confident and actually looked forward to delivering my baby. At the hospital he showed up on time, checked on me regularly and delivered the baby without any problems. I would always recommend him to a friend.

February 23rd, 2012
Not for most people
I wanted to believe that he was just cold but a good doc. And since he was highly recommended, I gave him too many chances. But overall, I realize my gut instinct was right. He is too care-free and when it comes to pregnancy, I wouldn't suggest such a lax attitude. No matter if you're young or older, he just doesn't seem like he cares. If you are highly educated, then you can ask him to run tests and he will. But on his own, he won't -- not acceptable. And his staff, particularly medical records dept, cannot seem to get their act together. If you request a blood test result to be faxed to a specialist, either they can't find it or they send the wrong test. Way too many OTHER docs in the city.

February 3rd, 2012
Matter-of-fact but excellent
Extremely knowledgeable, can come off as rather brusque but ultimately just looking to do a job well and efficiently. Absolutely marvelous in handling my LEEP procedure, before, during, and after the operation--everything done quickly and well. Helpful and understanding when there was a rather scary issue with blood tests right before being in the OR. Completely trustworthy, and absolutely recommend him.

July 8th, 2011
Great,GReat Doctor
he is a caring and patient doctor. He listens to his patients with patience and with out prejudice which makes it more easier to open up with any issues that you may have. If you come into his office with questions you will get answers. HE is always professional and enjoys his work. I really don't have any complaints about him. appointments are quick to get on the phone. staff are professional as well. he is prompt with answering messages. he delivered my daughter by c section and he was thorough and quick thinking during the whole process. you will not be disappointed

March 29th, 2011
Great doctor!
I have been a patient of Dr. Kanos for a few years. During my visits with him he was always professional, caring and friendly. Dr. Kanos takes times to answer questions and his responses are are always clear. I feel very confident after an exam with Dr. Kanos and trust his opinion. I will not hestitate for a minute to refer family and friends to him. Thank you Dr. Kanos!

November 12th, 2010
Dr Kanos is fine, his staff is AWFUL
Dr. Kanos is professional and courteous. He isn't the warmest or most gregarious, but he is professional and will take his time to answer questions. I cannot say this for his staff. The members of his staff are terrible. I'm surprised that there have been no changes to the service in his office.They are rude, unhelpful, and NEVER ANSWER THE PHONE. I would actually choose another physician , if your insurance permits, based on the staff alone. Trying to get an appointment (let alone your records!) is always a task, b/c no one every picks up the phone or wants to help you in anyway.

September 27th, 2010
I've never felt more comfortable
I adore Dr. Kanos, he's been my GYN for years, he's helped me with a few medical problems and reasured me when I was frustrated about not conceiving. When I did become pregnant, I threw all thoughts of midwives and specialists out the window. Who else but Dr. Kanos could give me the excellent prenatal care I demanded as a first-time parent to-be? How could I trust anyone else to deliver my baby? He's the absolute best of the best, hands down.

February 26th, 2010
Absolutely Love Dr. Kanos
I've been going to Dr. Kanos as long as I can remember. I first started seeing him when I was sixteen years old and I am now twenty two. He was the doctor who delivered my son. He cares about his patients and he knows what he is doing. I never have any problems getting an appointment, nor do I have problems getting refferals, getting results, or anything for that matter. Dr. Kanos is a great doctor, and I refuse to see any other doctor when it comes to Gynecology. When he switched over to his own private practice, I still go to see him, even though it is out of my way. I highly recommend him to everyone. He is an absolutely amazing doctor.

July 28th, 2009
Service is awful!
I've been waiting to get my results from pre-natal and have called and called a million times (my phone has died in the process) and no results yet. I need to know if I'm pregnant or not. Can't he just leave me a message??? It's so frustrating to be talking to Cathy, who called me back and can't give me any information, and the call center. I am looking at new OB's in the area. Thanks but no thanks Dr. Kanos!