Dr. Jason Karp MD Patient Reviews

• Pulmonary Disease Manhasset, NY

no change

July 5th, 2016
Not Happy
My first and only appointment with Dr. Karp was not very satisfying. He told me his findings in a quick and flippant way. I'm looking for a new pulmonologist . Any suggestions?

July 1st, 2016
Excellent Physician

June 9th, 2016
One in a million
Best experience in a very long time. Thorough is understatement. Thinks outside the box! Very detailed report sent to my Doctor. He listens. He makes people feel they are very important. He cares. He spends a great deal of time with each patient. He is very anxious to try everything and is not an alarmist. Unfortunately one may wait for first appt. trust me, it is well worth the wait He's a genius No stone unturned Vibrant personality Run don't walk!!!!!

May 9th, 2016
A Doctor who really cares about your health.
In the 15 plus years that I have been a patient of Dr Karps I have never had a problem getting appointments or a call back about a concern I had. He has always listened and asked questions about not only my lung function but all aspects of my health and guided me to improve my overall health. I thank him for keeping me breathing with the least amount of discomfort and for helping me live a better life.

February 19th, 2015
Dr. Karp's manner is sarcasticand unprofessional,he doesn't know how to prescribe Prednisone.He informed me of my diagnosis of COPD and emphysema while looking at paperwork on his desk, when he finally made eye contact with me and saw that I was visably upset he replied "You didn't expect to play with fire and not get burned did you?"Yes, I had been a smoker and had just told him how guilty I was feeling for doing this to myself and my family. Dr. Karp should learn the art of breaking bad news to patients using intelligence and compassion. Dr. Karp also had me on Prednisone way past the standard of care recommendations for COPD/Emphysema. After developing a moon face and painful muscles among other side effects of prednisone I begged him to taper my dose.He responded that he would try to get me off prednisone but some patients never do. I'm under the care of a wonderful pulmonary expert now who has compassion and knows how to prescribe medication.

January 22nd, 2015
Excellent pulmonologist and diagnostician.
Dr Karp not only treats my pulmonary issues, but is continuously striving to diagnose the root of my issues. He is compassionate, has an excellent bed-side manner, and spends more than an adequate amount of time at each visit. I highly recommend this physician without any reservations.

January 19th, 2015
This doctor saved my life. More importantly, He made my life worth living again.

December 27th, 2014
The greatest doctor in the whole world!!! Saved my life! Saved my mother-in-law' s life!!!

December 12th, 2014
will take phones moat of the time, if not will call you back personally.

October 7th, 2013
Dr Karp, is the most caring doctor I see,and i see many, he cares about his patients and not only gives them time at their office visit,but is available by fax to answer any questions they have.I have never called the office to speak to Dr. Karp that I don't received a return call within 1 hour. If all doctors were like Dr. Jason Karp the public would have a different opinion of the medical profession. He's not in it for the money he cares .God bless him

March 7th, 2013
hes nopt what he used to be
I started seeing Dr. Karp in 1998 when I thought he was an excellent Dr. Through the years I have seen him put more diseases on his resume most recently claim he is a pain specialist and sleep disorder specialist. He is dismissive and arrogant now. I have had him be flippant and dismissive when I saw him last and asked a very reasonable question about my diagnosis.I wont be seeing him anymore.

November 26th, 2012
Greedy
He is too greedy. He calls you for appointments you dont need. His staff says"Its good to come in" when asked why, they just say because he hasn't seen you in a while. He is trying to milk the system to make more money. Then when you need him, he holds you hostage because he hasn't made money off of you for a while. Its not medicine or about people to him. Its a business.