Internist, Critical Care Specialist, Pulmonologist (lungs)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 19th, 2015

Dr. Karp's manner is sarcasticand unprofessional,he doesn't know how to prescribe Prednisone.He informed me of my diagnosis of COPD and emphysema while looking at paperwork on his desk, when he finally made eye contact with me and saw that I was visably upset he replied "You didn't expect to play with fire and not get burned did you?"Yes, I had been a smoker and had just told him how guilty I was feeling for doing this to myself and my family. Dr. Karp should learn the art of breaking bad news to patients using intelligence and compassion. Dr. Karp also had me on Prednisone way past the standard of care recommendations for COPD/Emphysema. After developing a moon face and painful muscles among other side effects of prednisone I begged him to taper my dose.He responded that he would try to get me off prednisone but some patients never do. I'm under the care of a wonderful pulmonary expert now who has compassion and knows how to prescribe medication.

Excellent pulmonologist and diagnostician. show details Excellent pulmonologist and diagnostician.
by Maria on Jan 22nd, 2015

Dr Karp not only treats my pulmonary issues, but is continuously striving to diagnose the root of my issues. He is compassionate, has an excellent bed-side manner, and spends more than an adequate amount of time at each visit. I highly recommend this physician without any reservations.

by George Kurz on Jan 19th, 2015

This doctor saved my life. More importantly, He made my life worth living again.

by Carol Duskin on Dec 27th, 2014

The greatest doctor in the whole world!!! Saved my life! Saved my mother-in-law' s life!!!

Dec 12th, 2014

will take phones moat of the time, if not will call you back personally.

Avoid this office like your life depended on it (BTW, it does) show details Avoid this office like your life depended on it (BTW, it does)
by Ken Y. on Jan 18th, 2014

My mother has been a patient of Dr. Karp's for several years. Now that she has safely relocated to a nursing home far away from Dr. Karp, I can tell the truth about the treatment she's received. First of all, Dr. Karp's staff is rude and unhelpful to a degree I've never encountered before. A visit to the DMV would be restorative once you've been to Dr. Karp's office. Dr. Karp himself, while he seems knowledgeable, appears much more interested in maximizing his income rather than the health of his patients. That might explain why he needs two (equally rude) assistants to keep track of his schedule. Also, the only way to reach him is by fax. Does anyone have a fax these days? I certainly don't. One more thing: I believe Dr. Karp is rated one of the "Best Doctors" by Castle Connolly or some such rating service. Please don't believe those -- they're all bought and paid for by the doctors themselves. Instead, get a recommendation from another physician. Good luck!

by Robert Sefchek on Oct 7th, 2013

Dr Karp, is the most caring doctor I see,and i see many, he cares about his patients and not only gives them time at their office visit,but is available by fax to answer any questions they have.I have never called the office to speak to Dr. Karp that I don't received a return call within 1 hour. If all doctors were like Dr. Jason Karp the public would have a different opinion of the medical profession. He's not in it for the money he cares .God bless him

hes nopt what he used to be show details hes nopt what he used to be
Mar 7th, 2013

I started seeing Dr. Karp in 1998 when I thought he was an excellent Dr. Through the years I have seen him put more diseases on his resume most recently claim he is a pain specialist and sleep disorder specialist. He is dismissive and arrogant now. I have had him be flippant and dismissive when I saw him last and asked a very reasonable question about my diagnosis.I wont be seeing him anymore.

Greedy show details Greedy
Nov 26th, 2012

He is too greedy. He calls you for appointments you dont need. His staff says"Its good to come in" when asked why, they just say because he hasn't seen you in a while. He is trying to milk the system to make more money. Then when you need him, he holds you hostage because he hasn't made money off of you for a while. Its not medicine or about people to him. Its a business.

Horrific Staff, Doctor's Mood Varies show details Horrific Staff, Doctor's Mood Varies
Sep 13th, 2012

My husband started seeing Dr. Karp 10 years ago when he had lung cancer. I believe my husband's oncologist and Dr. Karp saved his life. Dr. Karp was kind and knowledgeable. However, his staff is horrible - nasty and inefficient. Worse, Dr. Karp yells at them in front of patients. I've never seen anything like this.

Very disappointed show details Very disappointed
May 4th, 2012

disappointed in his reliability with follow through with things. has arcaic systeem of faxing him to have him call you if you have a problem but doesnt seem to look at his fax machine. Office staff is rude and inefficient and even when brought to his attention very blittle has changed,My latest visit was the ultimate disappointment when Dr. Karp was rude and condescending and unwilling to listen to any of my concerns and told me "to get over it", that he doesnt make mistakes.He will try to sell you herbs, supplements and pulmonary supplies.Started off liking him but my confidence has declined rapidly and dread having to ideal with his office staff and now find him to be defensive and anagonistic and inefficient. Much to my dismay I am not the only one who has experienced these things with him.

Oct 31st, 2011

He makes going to the doctor a pleasure instead of an headache! More doctors should follow his respect of people's time when setting appointments.

Apr 23rd, 2011

He's good at what he does but he holds no respect at all. He treats his staff awful. Yelling and cursing at them in front of patients. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL.

Mar 18th, 2011

Dr. Karp is a phenpmenal dr. He has the wonderful capacity to listen and takes the time to help figure out what the problem is without running all sorts of unnecessary tests. He js compassionate and extremenely knowledgeable I wish there were more doctors like he.

JOSEPHINE JIMENEZ show details JOSEPHINE JIMENEZ
Nov 28th, 2010

DR. KARP JUST A LITTLE NOTE TO SAY THANKSFOR ALL YOUR PROFESSIONAL HELP AND YOUR UPMOST CARE AND ALWAYS BEING HERE FOR ME.JOSEPHINE JIMENEZ

Grateful asthmatic show details Grateful asthmatic
Aug 19th, 2010

I recommend Dr. Karp - he has a great way about him and spends time actually listening to you.

Jul 23rd, 2010

great personality, but he's usually multitasking with other patients' calls while I'm in his office ready to ask my own questions. this is very disconcerting.

He saved my MIL's Life! show details He saved my MIL's Life!
by Theresa- Bethpage NY on Aug 4th, 2009

My MIL was diagnosed with severe pulmonory issues, and needed to have open heart surgery, we were seeing another pulmonologist and he basically told us that she would not make it through the surgery, and he would not sign off on her surgery, gave her a couple of yrs of life. I had gotten Dr Karp's name from a friend so we went to him for a second opinon, he is a breath of fresh air, he gave us hope. My MIL had the heart surgery and made it through with flying colors, not only that, but she has had 3 other surgical procedures since then and again has recovered beautifully! Listen to him! he is a very wise man who's main concern truely is his patients!

If you want the best, Dr. Karp is it....... show details If you want the best, Dr. Karp is it.......
Dec 9th, 2008

Dr. Karp knows what's wrong with you before you even tell him. He's an amazing doctor and individual. He cares, he listens and he fixes! He goes beyond just his medical expertise by examining the whole picture. I trust him with my life! He is definitely not one to pass up.

Nice doctor, don`t know if he is a good doctor though show details Nice doctor, don`t know if he is a good doctor though
by Citysearch User on Dec 9th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

My mom sees this doctor every 6 months or so for COPD. He tests her breathing, takes Xrays and basically tells her that she is very lucky t...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Very Friendly!! show details Very Friendly!!
by GG on Oct 14th, 2008

Dr Karp is indeed very knowledgeble and friendly and spends enough time with you to know about your problems in detail.Highly recommended!