Dr. Jason Konner MD Patient Reviews

April 18th, 2015
Jury is still out
Dr. Konner is young, personable and willing to spend as much time as needed with a patient. At first, I was annoyed by 3 hour waits but now realize that by spending so much time with me, he's doing that with other patients as well. Hence, the wait time. I don't know what my outcome will be but I'm halfway through my treatment and followups. New things pop up and that's the nature of the disease not the fault of the doctor. Positive thinking is very important. You gotta like a guy that bounces around the floors in sneakers and does what he can to fill in for other doctors.

April 10th, 2012
Treats rare gyn/onc conditions
I've been treated by Dr. Konner for a very rare type of uterine cancer since 2010, and have found him to be competent, communicative, and caring. He's also youthful and energetic, and keeps well informed on the latest developments in the field, especially chemotherapies. His staff is likewise young, pleasant, and well-mannered.I'm bewildered by the harsher negative comments here, which I suspect may have more to do with the Memorial Sloan-Kettering experience than with the doctor himself. People usually visit MSK when they are in BIG medical trouble, and everyone's outcome will not be good regardless of who's in charge of their care. And the waits can be long. (But do you really want to consult a doctor no one else wants to see?) I feel I've gotten fine treatment overall, and recommend this doctor with confidence. The first oncologist I saw assured me I'd be dead in 2 years; since that would be just about now, I'm very happy to say I'm enjoying a full remission.

December 1st, 2011
Thank you.
Dr. Konner's been saving my life since 2006.

July 22nd, 2011
COMPASSIONATE
Dr. Konner treated my mother for recurrent stage 4 ovarian cancer when two other institutions had given up on her, and she survived 3 years; time which I believe we would not have had with her if we had not been referred to Dr Konner. The only negative thing I can say about our experience was the long wait times to see the doctor, but when he saw her, he spent as much time as we needed, which in the end justified the wait times. Dr. Konner treated my mother like a human being, not just a diagnosis. He educated he handheld, and my mother felt cared for. Losing my mother was the worst thing that could have happened to me, but I thank God every day, as I know she did, that she had a compassionate and caring physician like Dr. Konner.