Dr. Jason Ninomiya MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.6

November 6th, 2015
Worst experience with a pediatrician and his staff!!!

November 25th, 2013
Kauka Ninomiya
Dr. Ninomiya is very diligent in his work and always exemplifies professionalism with the children. He is easy to talk to and very open to hear the parent's point of view.

August 20th, 2012
Dr. Ninomiya is an awesome doctor! My children have been going to him almost since he opened in kapolei. With the staff change a couple years ago... I feel some of the customer/patient care went down hill. Having a receptionist that is well mannered and caring is important to me. This particular front desk lady has a mouth and is not afraid to be rude....beware!!! (especially on the phone) On the other hand Dr. Ninomiya is such a great doctor, it's worth sticking around for my family.

August 9th, 2012
My sons doctor is the greatest
I am so happy that we found Dr Ninomaya. He is very knowledgeable caring and friendly and very easy to talk to. I recommend him to everyone that needs a childrens doctor. I am comfortable having my son under his care and my standards are extremely high:)

March 22nd, 2012
Jessica Spence
Dr Ninomiya is an amazing doctor who cares about the family as a whole. Our family went through a traumatic experience and Dr Ninomiya and his staff were supportive to all of us. Let me tell you our story. New to the area we looked fro a pediatrician to do health check on my 3 three children. On my 9 yr old son's appt I mentioned he had a low grade fever fro a few days and urinating frequently now Jack was born with 2 holes in his heart causing a very loud VSD and he also has epilepsy. Dr said to keep an eye on it and sent us for some labs and told me to bring back in two days. In two days we were getting ready to go when i discovered my husband of 13 yrs had cleaned out the bank accounts and left us. I was a mess so rescheduled fro the next day. When I went in I was pretty much a mess my son was getting sicker all of us were an emotional wreck. His staff helped with paperwork for other two children's check ups and Dr sent us for more test with Jack. This was a Friday on Saturday Jack was worse took him to emergency room he was sleeping 20 hours and was not eating and still had fever. On Monday I was called by Dr and told to bring Jack in ASAP I was concerned but he actually seemed better on this day. They were very calm but said they needed me to bring him in. When I got there Dr came out front to greet and lead me back. He said Jack had bacteria in the blood and this was not good. He arranged for a room at childrens hospital and told me to go home and pack. Asked if I was ok to do this and if I had people to help me with the other children. Dr's never care about that but he and his staff did. Jack was in the hospital fro 3 weeks and when he was released and we followed up with Dr Ninomiya I discovered he had been keeping track of Jack the whole time we were in hospital. His whole staff have supported the children and I through this divorce and have offered me encouragement and compliments I have lost 75 pounds. They are awesome. Dr N says from now on because of Jack's unique history we will draw labs every time he gets a fever on the first day. I am so grateful for this wonderful doctor and all of his staff.

January 26th, 2012
In the beginning he was great, as time went on we learned more of about his personality. We would go in with concerns and he would ask us if we knew what it was or if we were sure it wasn't something else...isn't that the doctors job to tell us what's wrong? If you want me to just use Dr. Google let me know. We often are in the exam room waiting to see him and hear him complaining about other patients' parents. He shows concern for his patient which is great, but telling the parents that they should be worried about something and creating concern is not something parents want especially if their gut says otherwise. So in that respect, his bedside manner could use some work. He had referred us out to see a few specialists for some testing which was fine, but when we do follow up calls/checks it seems like he hasn't even read the reports they sent him or he doesn't remember until we mention it. More often than not, when we ask his opinion on something it's a wishy washy answer like "Oh, up to you" or "Well doesn't matter" so we are always asking him "What would YOU do as a parent?" On a positive note, his staff is always great and positive, which I suppose they have to be to balance him out.

October 7th, 2010
When we first started going he seemed to be very nice, but as we went once a month it seemed to be more a bother to him when we asked questions. He missed signs that doctors at emergency room saw right away. We would try to call to see if we should bring our kid in and he would not call back for one to two days after we went to the emergency room. When we would call all he would tell us is to bring him in or take him to the emergency room as you can see this is what he said best was take him to the emergency room. The only good thing if that its easy to get an appointment. I would recommend looking around to find someone else

April 29th, 2010
A mom
I just love love Dr Ninomiya and I'm very blessed to have him as our sons doctor. He is kind, patient, understand and is very knowledgeable. He goes way above and beyond his call of duty. Don't look any further he's the one for the job. Staff is excellent also.

January 7th, 2010
SERVICE ADVISOR
Dr.Ninomiya and Kori are EXCEPTIONAL!!!!They listen to our concerns and is ALWAYS there to help with any advice and are very flexible with setting an appoinment time/date. My kids love them, especially when they need their well shots, Kori is fast and GREAT!! Dr.Ninomiya and his staff are PERFECT!!THANKS,KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

December 12th, 2008
We have only seen Dr. Ninomiya a few times and we find him very caring to our kids and needs.

November 15th, 2008
Exceptional Doctor
Dr. Ninomiya is an exceptional doctor in every way. My son who just turned one loves him, which suprises me since he often gets shots during his well baby check ups. He listens & addresses all of my concerns, no matter how silly it may sound. He has a beautiful and clean office which is extremely kid friendly. It looks like a toy store & it even has a treasure chest for my son to dig through after each visit. The office is far from my home, but the drive is well worth it. He is the best doctor I've been too so far.

November 15th, 2008
Dr. Ninomiya is a very caring individual who listens to my concerns. He makes me feel special.