Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Wonderful Physician  |  show details
by Susan Mack on Sep 10th, 2013

Dr. Jason Salagubang MD is a very well trained, profession physician. Even with that said, he is a compassionate, kind physician. He listens to your needs, he treats you like a person rather than a number. He is reassuring in his care and your care needs. He is smart and has a excellent command of medical knowledge. The staff is also very customer service oriented and thorough. Dr. Jason is a religious man, he recognizes that he can not be a healer without the help from God. He says a prayer everytime you visit with him in the office! Isn't that a refreshing quality, actually considering the guidance from above from our creator in rendering needed quality care! I am an RN and I would greatly recommend going to this physician! None other in Orlando area can compare, trust me I know! I was his nurse manager during his residency program and just started coming to him this year when I was so very dissatisfied with my medical care in other offices. My mother even wondered why I was coming so far to see a doctor and I told her, I would rather travel far and wide to have such great care, then travel 5-10 minutes for mediocur or no care!

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2013

I have gone to Dr. Jason for years and in the past was pleased with service and recommended family and friends. HOWEVER THAT HAS ALL CHANGED AND I AM SEVERELY DISAPPOINTED IN HIS PRACTICE. I have been in severe pain for several weeks. I tried to schedule an appointment only to get the answering service -- NEVER a person. Then you get to wait until it is "convenient" for them to call you -- IF they call you. The previous agreement I had with the doctor has been thrown out the window only to start all over. ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE SERVICE. And your survey needs to allow for a "0" star rating since I wouldn't even rate them at "1". Oh and your stupid survey thinks an exclamation point is profanity.

|  very very disappointed  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2013

I am very disappointed with the level of care or helpfulness received from Dr Jason's staff. I should start by saying my family and I were his first patients (literally) when he opened his practice. Once his practice grew and the staff constantly changed , we could never get an appointment, our calls went unreturned for weeks. Several times my pharmacist tried to reach his office to confirm a prescription refill and they could not even get a return call..this went on for 2 weeks. When Dr Jason's office finally did call the pharmacist back they they called in the wrong prescription , however I noticed after a week of taking the wrong meds. After a year of this I finally reached out to his office manager with my concern and advised I may have to take my family elsewhere, her response.."ok , sorry it didn't work out." Unfortunately every one of my friends I referred have the same concern. It is really ashame!

|  DOES NOT OFFER CARE IF YOU ARE NOT ABLE TO AFFORD EXPENSIVE "SOLUTIONS"  |  show details
Jun 22nd, 2012

I went to Dr. Salagubang about a year and a half ago with severe neck pain, he initially sent me for x-ray (which of course showed no problem)and then tried to dismiss my on going pain as muscle spasms (I knew different) and I tried to explain the treatments that I have been offered by other physicians who also treated me like a crazy hypochondriac and he gave me the same medications that have been previously tried & of course they didn't work. After more than a year of begging him to help me with my pain he eventually (with my suggestion and insisting) ordered an MRI and low and behold I have 2 hermiated disks in my neck. The doctor sent me to 2 different specialists who both offered very expensive treatment options (which I'm unable to afford). When I informed Dr. Salagubang that I would love to have surgery (which was one of the specialists' options)but could not afford the huge deductible that I would have to pay with my insurance he began treating me like I was some kind of drug seeking hypochondriatic drug addict, he then dismissed my problem like it just went away because he decided he was done dealing with me. I would not suggest Dr. Salagubang to anyone!!!!Unless of course you have plenty of money for treatments or surgeries that he may feel like you need because if you don't he will treat you like the scum of the earth.

|  Communicate w/patoent  |  show details
Mar 22nd, 2012

Listens to problems, says he'll take care of problems, then wants to pray. Does not tell patient what he is going to do for you, changes doseages w/o telling patient which if not detected by patient these medications can be cofusing and lok like another medication the patiemt is taking and can be life threatening. Very poor communicator. And, watches his watch as he's seeing patients. Does not take the time to relate to patient!!! We are your patients, so talk to us, tell us what you do & certainly tell us when you change our RX's. The prayers are his main thing.

|  Wonderful!  |  show details
Mar 10th, 2011

Dr. Jason is very caring and compassionate towards his patients. Many members of my family are patients of Dr. Jason. He always has time to answer all your questions and always has a prayer if you like. He makes the stress of the visit alot less.

|  show details
May 20th, 2010

I recently had my fist visit with Dr. Salagubang (pronounced Sal-uh-goo-bung) and I must say I was quite pleased. My fist impressions of the staff were excellent. They were friendly, talkative and quite nice. I arrived a half hour before my appt and I left the office at the time my appt was supposed to start. Dr Salagubang was friendly, articulate and well spoken. He seemed genuinely concerned with my well being and he suggested remedies that were not here is your prescription. That says to me that he is a doctor that isnt just trying to treat the symptoms but to remove the cause of the problem. It was hands down the best first visit to a doctors office. His office seemed state of the art as it was on the second floor of the Apopka hospital. I will be back!!!

|  show details
Feb 14th, 2010

He is one of the most pleasant doctors I have ever meet!

|  Caring Physician  |  show details
by Sharon Lee Gates on Jan 4th, 2010

I had been reading about the new doctor in Apopka in the local weekly newspaper and he sounded great. When my mother was admitted to Florida Hospital Apopka she had no doctor so I chose Dr. Salagubang for her follow-up care at Florida Living Nursing Center. I am so very positively impressed by his caring prayerful manner that my husband and I also joined his practice as patients!

|  New Patient with serious issues  |  show details
by Dogsrbetter on Jul 8th, 2009

I had to do some hunting to find a doctor who would respect my own knowledge about my conditions. Some doctors don't like you to have opinions (read Robin Cook's "Crisis"). My last doctor would often be overwhelmed by my problems and either refer me out to a specialist (for an ongoing issue) or suggest I needed counseling. This prolonged getting needed treatment causing very serious consequences, to the point, my specialist told me to find another doctor! I am pleased that I was treated with kindness, respect and as an attention seeking hypocondriac.