Colorectal Surgeon (colon & rectum), Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Excellent surgeon and Doctor! show details Excellent surgeon and Doctor!
Aug 10th, 2016

Dr Shellnut is a excellent surgeon. He always takes the time to listen to what I am saying and answers all my questions. He gives me good advice. I highly recommend him as the best in the field!

DR. JASON SHELLNUT, Colon and Rectal Surgeon show details DR. JASON SHELLNUT, Colon and Rectal Surgeon
by James Patterson for Kate Patterson on Jul 12th, 2016

Dr. Jason Shellnut is an incredible surgeon and such a fine human being. His surgical skills saved the life of my wife , Kathleen (Kate) Patterson and his bedside manner saved her sanity after her perforated bowel required a colosomy. That she survived is due ONLY because of the skill, expertise, precision, care and love has for his patients. My wife is so grateful that she tears up with deep emotion at the mention of his name. God bless Dr. Shellnut and his family and thank God Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, has the good fortune to have such a fine physician/surgeon on staff.

Amazing doctor show details Amazing doctor
by Cari on Jun 28th, 2016

He is an amazing doctor! Highly recommend him for any colon issues.

by sue booth on Jun 23rd, 2016

Dr Shellnut is an outstanding and caring surgeon. He was fabulous with my husband.My husband is cancer free so far.Dr Shellnut is a rare jewel in today world.I trust him with all my love ones lives. Thank you.

Mar 23rd, 2016

awesome doctor, very supportive during a trying time

by Carol Stewart on Mar 9th, 2016

Dr Shellnut is not only a great surgeon but so compassionate and explains everything plainly. I have had 3 Colonoscopies performed by Dr Shellnut.

Life is good again! show details Life is good again!
Nov 17th, 2015

Can not thank you enough Dr Shellnut for resolving a terrible problem! My mom's life is so improved!

rn show details rn
Oct 3rd, 2015

Kind gentle doctor who took the time to answer my questions

Aug 15th, 2015

Amazing Dr. Highly recommend

by Sue Booth on Aug 4th, 2015

outstanding caring Doctor. He is down to earth and he is a rare gem in todays medical profession

Exception Doctor show details Exception Doctor
by Marlene Van Eckoute on Jul 8th, 2015

I have never met a doctor with such excellent bedside manner. He made me feel so comfortable right from the start and for a rectal doctor this is amazing. He is also an excellent surgeon

Jan 28th, 2015

Amazing doctor!!!!

Dec 17th, 2014

Dr Shellnut is a very caring, compassionate, Dr.

by KK on Feb 7th, 2014

My husband has true 'white coat phobia' due to childhood trauma & as a result he put off his 1st colonoscopy 3 years past recommended until we could find a doctor like Dr. Shellnut - caring, compassionate with a great bedside manner, superior follow up & an excellent, caring office staff.

Oct 21st, 2013

Very thorough, genuinely cares about his patients, very nice guy

Feb 8th, 2012

Gave me the appopriate amount of time to explain my symptoms, came up with a spot on diagnosis that my followup research has confirmed, and came up with a great treatment plan. Very caring for a surgeon.