Spine Surgeon
DFW Center For Spinal Disorders
4441 Bryant Irvin Rd
Fort Worth, TX 76132
817-916-4685
Locations and availability (5)

3.0

• Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
 |  frustrated  |  show details
by eric patterson on Apr 28th, 2014

Been almost 3 Years. Still getting injections. Why am I still hurting?I'm skinny, I'm active, I dont smoke. Pain in back, legs, neck, very frustrated.

|  Waited 2.5 Hours For Office Visit  |  show details
Apr 5th, 2014

I was on time for my appointment. Waiting room was completely full. Waited 2.5 hours for my appointment. Had about a 7 minute visit with Dr. Tinley. My time is also valuable. Perhaps instead of replying to unfavorable reviews Dr. Tinley should spend that time evaulating his appointment procedures and time management.

|  Back Surgery  |  show details
by Clare H. Sandlin on Jan 16th, 2014

Outstanding young man (Doctor). I was kept informed of what was expected of me (pre-operation - physical therapy) and pre-operation. There were no surprises. Surgery and hospital stay were entirely what was explained and I expected. The Doctor and his crew were excellent and I'm on the road for a complete recovery. I am soooo glad that Dr. Tinley was my second opinion. My family doctor and first opinion orthopedic doctor mis-diagnosed. The first doctor wanted to admit me immediately and perform two surgeries on sucessive days (once thru the back, the other thru the front). Dr. Tinley took a conservative approach and after careful observation (therapy) and then surgery, he and his team has fixed me up good as new. Again, thank the Lord, I got that second opinion.

|  Awesome dr and staff  |  show details
by Clara McDonald on Jan 6th, 2014

Dr Tinley knew right away what my problem was. His staff was so nice and helpful. I first walked in with a cane, and happy to say, my next visit will be on my own!!!! Definitely will refer!!!

|  Worth the wait!  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2013

Dr Tinley diagnosed my disc herniation in my neck at my first visit after going to 2 chiropractors and 2 other doctors that had me pulled and twisted and poked and prodded for months with no relief. An MRI showed it very clearly, he took the herniation out, and I couldn't be happier. His bedside manner was great and he explained everything to me, even the risks of surgery. I had no pain after surgery and would absolutely do it sooner if I would have known how easy it was! The wait to see him should tell you how good he is!

|  My last visit with Dr. Tinley  |  show details
by Prefer Not to Say on Aug 6th, 2013

While I like Dr. Tinley, I was very frustrated that I had to wait almost 2 hours to see the doctor. I arrived on time for my appointment, was put in a room and waited there for almost 2 hours! The PA finally came briefly discussed my case, and said the doctor would be in shortly. I waited another 30 minutes after that.

|  Saved my life!!!  |  show details
by AP on Jul 4th, 2013

2 years ago I wasn't able to exercise, lose weight, or even walk for 15 months. Dr Tinley removed a disc herniation from my back through a tiny incision and I was home the same day with just a little back pain but total relief of the burning and stabbing pain in my legs. Since then I have been able to get in shape again and get my life back. Thank you thank you thank you!

|  Excellent consult- WORTH THE WAIT!  |  show details
by Kristina on Apr 10th, 2013

While the wait was about 15 minutes more than other Spine doctors, it was worth the wait. Dr. Tinley had reviewed the information for my case, as I was seeking a second opinion. A 360 fusion had been suggested. Dr. Tinley spent almost an hour going over my case with me. He listened to my concerns, and thoroughly answered all of my questions. Dr. Tinley even drew diagrams and explained why one approach would be better over another. Dr. Tinley is no longer my second opinion, as I have selected him for my surgery.

|  Well worth the wait  |  show details
by Jimmy on Apr 4th, 2013

Dr Tinley spent the time with me 3 years ago that I needed to convince me I didn't need surgery, despite another surgeon suggesting I did. I began the therapy and shot treatments he suggested and have been a hundred percent better ever since. I have since sent two family members to him and both have ended up needing surgery - he explained everything to them ahead of time, used a small incision, and they did great! Thank you thank you thank you!

|  Disappointed  |  show details
by James Henderson on Feb 6th, 2013

Two out of my three appt's with Mr Tinley I waited 2 1/2 hours PLUS. To top that I only saw the "PA" NOT Mr Tinley! I felt my back pain was of NO concern to him or his staff! A very unprofessional and somewhat rude experience overall!!

Oct 21st, 2012

Dr. Tinley made an incorrect diagnosis on my back. After surgery he did not address the surgical procedure that was done incorrectly and four doctors have diagnosed me with failed back surgery. Please use another doctor so you will not go through the pain and disability I have had and continue to have.

Doctor's Response

Without knowing more about this patient's situation it is difficult to respond appropriately, and I would be interested in discussing this with them personally. What I can say is that my spine training was at one of the best known institutions in the world for spine conditions, and between that and my relentless passion for making people better, I assure you it would be difficult to find better care than in my office. It is very natural to be angry and blame the surgeon if you are not feeling better after surgery, and there are many reasons why you may not be, including lack of appropriate rehabilitation afterwards, not stopping smoking, not being completely healed, muscles breaking down, not losing weight and strengthening the core musculature, and continuing activities that aggravate the spine. (There are still alternatives for improving your condition, by the way.) Many specialists in the community have a tendency to blame their main competitors in order to instill confidence in themselves and have you believe the other guy did a bad job and they are your savior. Furthermore, a surgeon that claims he has 100% excellent outcomes is foolish, arrogant, and not telling you the truth. That being said, I make an effort to go above and beyond to ensure that your diagnosis is correct prior to ever considering surgery. This frequently includes exhausting months of physical therapy, getting every diagnostic test available and necessary, often attempting injections, and modifying your activities in attempts to both pinpoint the problem and try to avoid surgery if possible. If surgery is necessary, I explain all of the risks and possible outcomes after surgery and what the patient will need to do to recover appropriately. During surgery, we employ the most advanced technology necessary to make sure the surgery is done right, and with the least invasive methods possible to optomize your chances of recovering quickly and with the least soft tissue damage to minimize long term issues. Again, even with all of this in mind on every single surgery, no surgery has a 100% guarantee of improvement, and this patient has my sincere apologies that they are not feeling better. I would love to revisit with them to make sure they have done everything appropriately afterwards and explore further non-surgical options.

|  great doctor  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

Staff was very polite and courteous. Dr. Tinley made us feel very comfortable and explained our options and showed us the MRI images so we completely understood. Surgery scheduled in 3 weeks. After that I will leave another rating. Highly recommend this doc. Nice to find a good doc as himself. My only suggestion is getting more comfortable in waiting area. My husband was quite uncomfortable with his injury and the chair. Otherwise great place! Thank you Dr. Tinley for everything. I trust that my husband is in good hands! : )

Doctor's Response

We take these comments very seriously and appreciate the feedback. We have new chairs, (usually) food and drink upon request, and television in the waiting area now thanks to your suggestion. Glad you were happy with the explanations - spine problems are very widespread, and very big business, thus there are a ton of gimmicks, shortcuts, and easy ways out that people try to sell to you. Given all of the marketing ploys out there, I want to make sure every patient is fully informed of what is going on with them and what all the reasonable options are for improvement. In my practice, surgery is necessary only around 10% of the time.

Jun 4th, 2012

Not very happy, only once i saw the dr. the other time was his alternate, and both times i waited a long time.

Mar 10th, 2012

May 2011 I had cervical spine surgery, Dr Jason Tinley is my doctor. I recommend him highly. He explained exactly what he was going to do in a way that I understood clearly. His bedside manners are incrediably caring. He has patience and time for any questions you might have. His staff are equally courtious, caring, very professional.

|  helped me so much!!  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2011

Dr. Tinley and his staff have been wonderful! He takes time to answer my questions and did a great job with my surgery. His bedside manner is terrific.

|  So refreshing  |  show details
Nov 7th, 2010

Dr Tinley fixed my neck when I had bad arm pain and neck pain. The surgery took about an hour and I was home later that day. He took the time to explain to my husband and me exactly what was going on with my disc and what he did to fix it. I am so thankful to have him and now I'm going back at work a week later.

|  Excellent Bedside Manner  |  show details
by Satisfied Patient on Oct 24th, 2010

Ignore that previous comment! He was extremely thorough - he explained my spine condition in a way I could understand and how to improve it without surgery. His staff was so nice. I went to two other surgeons prior to him that wanted to operate on me, and thanks to Dr Tinley I am much better now and did not have to get cut on!

|  horrible  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2010

this was the most unproffesional Dr. I ve ever been too. The staff was rude and unproffesional also, he had no bedside manner and I even heard him yelling at his nurse. I will never go back.

Doctor's Response

This patient was addicted to narcotic pain medication without a true spine condition, and I would not comply with her wishes to support a very dangerous habit. I pride myself on my bedside manner, and NEVER raise my voice to my tremendous staff that I could not do without.