by Melanie on Mar 30th, 2015

Rachael is WONDERFUL! Dr. Vance knows how to hire them! All the staff are amazing, kind and patient with impatient patients! Always smiling and addressing us by our names. It is a small-town feel with everything except house calls!

by Dennis Johnson on Feb 23rd, 2015

Will be my Doctor forever.

Senior Disabled in Magalia show details Senior Disabled in Magalia
Dec 9th, 2014

I found this doctor to have no tolerance of geriatric patients. I wasted my 1st Medicare general check-up and evaluation with him, only to find that he would not see me anymore, as he did not accept Medicare with Medi-Cal secondary patients. So even though I needed several tests and screenings, I was not going to get them through him. He found my multitude of issues and past medical experiences to be far too complex for him to handle, anyway. He did not want to be my primary doctor and made it very clear to me with his superior attitude.

Egomaniac and menace for geriatric care in Paradise show details Egomaniac and menace for geriatric care in Paradise
by Debra Lines on Feb 18th, 2014

I have it all on video. Ask me My10acity@comcast.net He contributed to my mothers death and he is a menace to Paradise Geriatric patients. BEWARE!

Oct 16th, 2013

I really do like this office they have always been helpful & very knowledgeable even though very busy

very pleased show details very pleased
Nov 4th, 2011

i just was kind of lookin around for a primary dr when i was seen to establish care i was so pleased with the staff and the provider i will never go anywhere else. the front desk was a little loud but they were so happy to see their patients they really seemed like old friends. i enjoyed watching the interaction between pt and staff then when i went in the room to see the doctor i felt very confidant in his care and he made ME feel like an old friend i would recommend anyone to his office thank you all!!!! i hope you know how much you are appreciated

Oct 27th, 2011

the front office staff is beyond helpful i read the previous comments and am very shocked by peoples rudeness, there office is very busy as is the front desk but they are always helpful & ready to do the best job they can for you!! i hope those other people did go somewhere else because the staff there does not need to deal with people like that

Feb 2nd, 2011

I usually see Rachel Carlson, who is wonderful. Office staff can be a little distracted at times. Make sure they have your correct ins. info!

Front office staff are very bad show details Front office staff are very bad
Jul 27th, 2010

I usually see Dr. Vance's PA Rachel Carlson. She ranks very high and is one of the best health professionals I have ever encountered. I stay with Dr. Vance because it works for me, but if I had somewhere else to go, I would switch just because of the front office staff. They are the rudest, terribly insensitive group I have seen. They will put you on hold, cut you off, give ultimatoms, etc. If you can get past the front staff, your in heaven, but really sometimes the stress doesn't seem worth it!

by 37 year old female on Jun 2nd, 2010

The medical staff are great, his support staff are horrible. They are rude and refuse to listen. They refused to make an appointment for me until my medical card stated he was my Primary care doctor. When I had my insurance fax them verification the support staff got very nasty with me. When I insisted on speaking with her superior she did not want to give me the woman's name! When I got there for the appointment finally the support staff was beyond nasty and tried to deny me again because my husband who was listed on the card also had a different last name than me. The really sad thing is the nurse seemed to be afraid of this woman. The medical staff was great, but the support staff are nuts!

by Allen Kerr Paradise Ca. on Sep 3rd, 2009

I called the Drs office regarding their police of two visits to get blood tests and prescriptions, when one visit after blood tests should suffice. Their (dr & Nurse) response was if I did not like their policy I could find another dr.I have been seeing this dr for eight years, and recently went on Medicare. He apparently does not understand the financial costs of two seperate visits.

Still UnHealthy, So UnHappy! show details Still UnHealthy, So UnHappy!
by Still UnHealthy on May 1st, 2009

If you are looking for someone to help you get better, look somewhere else! Unless you only have an occasional cold or seasonal allergies, this is not the doctor for you. He is an egomaniac that WON'T be told he could be wrong and refuses to think outside the box. An unfortunate situation for his fantastic PAC, Rachel Carlson. Sorry my family wasted so much precious time (and money) with this guy!