Dr. Jason Wickens MD Patient Reviews

• Ophthalmology Las Vegas, NV

2.4

November 17th, 2014
We won't be back!
I took my mother to see Dr. Wickens and we are never going back. He was rough during her examination, talked with his back to us the entire time, and acted like he couldn't be bothered with her. He spoke in a rushed, condescending manner to her and was just plain rude. Worst experience with a doctor we have ever had.

April 28th, 2014
It is true that Dr. Wickens does not spend a lot of time with hand holding and expressing sympathy. If you are looking for that you need to go elsewhere. However, I cannot fault his knowledge or technique. Actually, I have learned that if you are getting a lot of attention from him on a personal level you are probably in deep water. If he is coming off as as cool and impersonal you are probably not in that bad of a condition. He has personally returned my call to his office when I had a question about my condition. I believe he is trying to do right by me.

February 28th, 2014
Make a day of it.
I regret coming here every time. Dr Wickens barely spends any time with us and when you are talking his mannerism suggests he doesn't have time or care what you have to say. If you have paperwork that needs to be filled out for work or a disability accommodation expect it to take a while and hopefully you won't have to have it redone. LONG WAIT LONG WAIT LONG WAIT. You'll sit in the waiting room for about 15 min while you fill out your paperwork, and then they take you back to be seen... NOT. You go to a SECOND waiting room that is cramped and packed. Wait about 45 min and then you see the assistant. Then they take you back to the cramped waiting room where you wait for another 45 min with your eyes dilated Until you see the doctor. Then if you need retinal pictures or anything else it's back to the little waiting room and on and on. You will be here for a minimum of 2 1/2 hours. If your lucky.

September 25th, 2013
Patient
Very rough during examination. Going to another dr for a second opinion. Poor bedside manner to younger patients. I understand getting a good look at patients eyes but why be so rough.