Dr. Syed Shahid Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Syed Shahid?

June 30th, 2017

Terrible Experience and now in chronic pain and on lifetime meds

I was given a spinal fusion and never told that he was going to use a synthetic bone protein in the cage. He specifically said it would be MY OWN BONE and Cadaver bone. HE LIED. Had a horrible inflammatory reaction to it and had to have a 2nd surgery only 3 months later. Now in chronic pain in back, stomach, leg also nauseous and possible abdominal cancer as cancer can be brought on from MEDTRONICS BMP INFUSE. DO NOT let him use this on you! Look it up! Major class action law suits from this crap. People have gotten cancer, died, and have been left in chronic pain to be forced to live on narcotics because the pain is so bad. This doctor never disclosed any of the risks or side effects from the Medtronic Infuse Biologically engineered bone growth hormone because he doesn't care and just saw $$$ from a big operation. Do not go to this doctor if you expect the truth or for him to disclose everything you could be faced with. Also could have had a minimally invasive treatment at the Bonati Spine Institute (I showed them my records and said I did not need to be sliced open 8 inches!! Another lie from this "doctor"

March 24th, 2016

Patient

For over 14 years he made every effort to avoid surgery. He didn't rush to make a final diagnosis. I will be undergoing surgery shortly and expect only the best results considering the issues we both face.

October 18th, 2014

Disappointing lack of care and compassion

I have been disabled & in permanent pain since my surgery with Dr. S. I believe he is competent, but I am not qualified to know for sure. My experience was that his office staff was generally pretty miserable to deal with. Dr S never checked on me after my surgery and I received no post-operative instruction or guidance from him. The surgery failed to heal correctly and he, as the surgeon, knew the symptoms of failed surgery and yet he refused to investigate or fix the problem. There was no compassion shown. So I think he OK if everything goes well but don't expect his help if it doesn't; he has a big ego.and he doesn't clean up problems.

July 20th, 2012

After my back surgery I am now feeling better than ever. Thank you

May 6th, 2012

Great Experience

I had a Laminoforaminotomy with Dr. Shahid. He was recommended to me by both my Family Physician and my Physical Therapist who both said they'd personally go to him if they needed surgery. He did a great job with my surgery. I am a super coward and had never had surgery before. Dr. Shahid spent a long time with me on my first appointment explaining my MRI and other tests and by the time he told me I needed surgery, I felt comfortable with the fact that I really did need it. It was done two weeks later. I'm at week 5 of recovery and can't say enough good things about the outcome. I'm a new woman! His office has been great about answering questions when I've called and for those of you who read other reviews that say they don't care about your pain, thats bunk. They have a very clear policy about getting narcotics refilled. If you follow the policy, you'll be fine. If you need surgery, use this surgeon! I would definitely go to him again! I don't have any connection to him other than the recommendations that were given to me. My physical therapist said that he sees the outcomes of people's surgeries when people come in for therapy after surgery and Dr. Shahid's patients are usually the best.

March 8th, 2012

I believe that Dr. Shahid is a remarkable doctor.

December 29th, 2011

Find another neurosurgeon

This doctor blamed the poor outcome of my surgery on the anesthesiologist and argued with the radiologist about the significance of my MRIs, but the consensus of other doctors is that his unusual methods are the cause of my permanent disability.

May 24th, 2011

Worst doctor ever..

Dr. Javid s. Shahid is the worst doctor I have ever eperienced. I wouldn't send a dog to him. He is a disgrace. His office treats people like their enemy. What an aweful experience.

May 6th, 2011

Rave review of a superb physician and compassionate man

I would rate Dr. Shahid as the epitome of a great physician, superb surgeon and warm and caring human being. I would describe him as a conservative physician. He took time to thoroughly analyze my condition, before back surgery was performed, totally successfully.I have since referred 4 other people to him: one had back surgery with him, then went back and had neck surgery. Another man, a very critical professional, had been to 3 other doctors, including some at the Mayo Clinic. After meeting and being successfully operated on and cared for by Dr. Shahid, this man couldn't say enough good things about this doctor.Dr. Shahid's staff couldn't have been more caring and helpful, and Dr. Shahid couldn't have been more caring, nor could he have spend more time with me. Visits were never rushed, Dr. Shahid listened, reassured, and exhibited the most honest concern for me as a human being. There was an atmosphere of peace around this man. He planned his schedule to allow enough, unrushed time for each patient.If I had known about this site earlier, I would have written this long ago. This is a brilliant doctor, yet a most compassionate and caring man at the same time.

May 5th, 2011

caued permanent nerve damage

Dr. Shahid initially treated me for a herniated disk and a spinal avm. When i called with severe pain and leg paralysis, i was prescribed pain killers and told to call back in 3 weeks. When i was finally seen the Dr. called for a lower spine mri, instead of a total spinal mri . The avm had created permanent sciatic nerve damage which was not seen until 3 days later.

February 28th, 2011

patient

In reality, the office staff could care less about your pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 24th, 2009

This man represents the best of the art of medicine. Excellent skill and profound compassion. He is a friend to his patients.