A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Javeed Akhter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Javeed Akhter is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Akhter
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Akhter Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Javeed Akhter, BS, MBBS, MD is board certified in Pediatric Pulmonology.
- He has special expertise in 12 areas:
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Pulmonary Function Test
- Respiratory Disorders
- Sinus Infection (Sinusitis)
- Sleep Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhter graduated from Osmania Medical College, Hyderabad. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Akhter has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Advocate Good Samaritan Hospital
- Advocate Christ Medical Center
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Javeed Akhter BS, MBBS, and MD is a male Pediatric Pulmonologist, has 38 years of experience and practices in Pediatric Pulmonology.
- Where does Dr. Javeed Akhter practice?
- Dr. Javeed Akhter has 2 office locations.
Dr. Javeed Akhter practices Pediatric Pulmonology near Oak Lawn, IL.
Additional practice locations include: Lockport, IL.
See Oak Lawn Pulmonologists.