Overall Review

3.4

October 12th, 2016
Worst Dr Ever!!! Do NOT Go to him! DIAGNOSIS WRONG!!
Told me my daughter was depressed and needs a psychologist and maybe I have already been taking her to one. This was after he joked around with her for a few minutes. I laughed and after a few more comments I said we are done here and walked out. She has already been diagnosed with exercise induced asthma a year prior to this. I already knew what was wrong with her because I have another daughter being treated by another doctor and they have the same thing. So I just laughed at his diagnosis. I wasted a lot of money on this especially doing the pulmonary function test which was a total waste. Two other doctors told me to never do them again for many reasons. I begged my other daughter's doctor to see this one because he only sees adults and this daughter is under 18. So he did. He did a breathing test in his office and we waited about 4 minutes for him to come in. He was very thorough with all the questions that needed to be asked regarding how she's been feeling, etc. He kept checking her pulse for 40 minutes because my daughter was going through an asthma attack in his office (while Dr Akhter says nothing is wrong with her and she needs a psychologist) Best part, I showed him the blood test that Dr Akhter did for her and in the test results shows she has asthma!!! SURPRISE!!!! but according to Dr Akhter my kid is depressed and needs to talk with someone. LOL I wouldn't take my dog to him. So disappointed and wasted a lot of money. I told many doctors about this and I was surprised to hear their responses about it.

December 22nd, 2014
Rudest nurse
Rudest nurse I have ever encountered. Incorrect diagnosis and prescribed medications our primary care dr., pharmacist, and another pulmonologist did not agree with. But by far the nurse was the worst part.

July 12th, 2012
Outstanding!
Our experience with Dr. Akhter was at Hope Children's Hospital at Christ Hospital in Oak Lawn, IL when he diagnosed our 20 year old son with Cystic Fibrosis. We found him to be extremely knowledgeable as well as empathetic. The staff he oversees in the field of Cystic Fibrosis care and treatment at Hope is fantastic and is a reflection of Dr. Akhter's dedication, knowledge, and caring that was shared with us as we embarked on this treatment journey together. I can't think of any other doctor I would entrust my child's health. He's great!

January 26th, 2012
good doctor awful AWFUL STAFF-COMPLETE IDIOTS- especially office manager- does not have clue-probably PAID ACCORDINGLY