A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Javier Lafuente:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Javier Lafuente, Surgeon, Thoracic Surgeon, Cardiologist is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Lafuente
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Lafuente Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Javier Lafuente, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Carotid Endarterectomy
- Coronary Artery Bypass (Heart Bypass)
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Heart Transplantation
- Lung Cancer
Education & Awards
Dr. Lafuente graduated from Universidad De Costa Rica, San Jose. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Lafuente has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Memorial Hermann Katy Hospital
- CHRISTUS St Catherine Health & Wellness
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Javier A Lafuente MD is a male Surgeon, has 31 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Javier A. Lafuente practice?
- Dr. Javier Lafuente has 1 office location.
Dr. Javier Lafuente practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Houston, TX.
See Houston Surgeons and Houston Cardiothoracic Surgeons.