Dr. Javier Munoz, MD
Hematology & Oncology (Lymphoma)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  dr review  |  show details
by dena jarvis on Sep 5th, 2014

I was going to the mayo clinic in Scottsdale.started there in late 2007. then I started being unhappy there with the lack of concern and felt like I was being rushed as we would talk to the doctor. I expressed my concerns with him and his staff but nothing really seemed to change. I researched md Anderson in gilbert. made my appointment. I was blessed to have dr munoz as my doctor. the amount of care and concern I received was amazing. he greeted himself talked about what he did. explained my illness better. asked us if we had questions and concerns. he listened and explained. did not rush at all. he explained all the options we had and asked us what we thought. and his thoughts. not only was he great but each and every person there at that facility. from the insurance people to the schedulers. every one was courteous and treated me with care. the volunteers were also so helpful and caring. I recently had radiation. 14 treatments. I received the best care ever. the men and women there helped so much. extremely caring. always asked if I was ok. if I needed to stop. always asked how my days and weeks were. I always felt like I knew them for years. the time I spent there even though I was going through the treatments, I felt great. I actually felt excited to go because the people were so amazing. I am so thankful that I chose to change to md Anderson cancer facility. I wish that I would of changed a long time ago. md Anderson cancer facility is an amazing caring facility. I pray that if I ever come across someone weather it be family or friends or just someone I come across in the store that I can recommend md Anderson cancer center. the facility changed my life.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Beverly Merrill on Jun 21st, 2014

If you are very lucky, you will have Dr. Munoz as your physician. He is thorough, carefully explains everything, and is, I believe, extremely competent. Highly recommended.

Apr 30th, 2014

Very kind and compassionate. I always felt I was important to him, and he shared and explained thoroughly all tests, treatments and results. Dr. Munoz appears to be very dedicated to the treatment and search for a cure of lymphoma. I highly recommend him!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Robert Spies on Apr 10th, 2014

Dr Munoz is a great doctor and person. He spent lots of time with us explaining my particular type of cancer, how it acts, and what treatment plans are appropriate. He was very thorough in his analysis, and very careful to have all of his "ducks in a row" before making a treatment recommendation. He did this all in easy to understand layman's terms. He is also kind, friendly, and personable. His work on clinical trials for new treatment possibilities is impressive. I will absolutely continue seeing him for follow up treatment.

|  Beyond expectations  |  show details
by William Shaheen on Mar 16th, 2014

It's scary. You go into treatment hoping and expecting a knowledgeable team of doctors. But, Dr. Munoz goes well beyond one's normal expectations. At first, you may think he's being "tactful". But, as you get to know him, you see he is very caring. I also appreciate his decisiveness. There were times when I had my doubts. But, he's been through this and knows what has to be done. I can't thank him and his associates enough.

|  Multiple Myeloma  |  show details
by Brenda & Marvin on Mar 13th, 2014

From the first diagnosis, as your head spins trying to take it all in, Dr. Munoz and his staff made us so very comfortable. Within 10 minutes of sitting with him, we knew God had brought us to the right person. You do not want to need him but, if you do, he is the one!

by FMT on Feb 14th, 2014

Dr. Munoz treats me as if I am his only patient at the clinic. He takes his time with his patients and answers every question that they may have. He even called me on a Saturday at my home after a surgery on Friday to make sure that everything had gone well. He really goes above and beyond for his patients.

|  Dr. Javier L. Munoz Review  |  show details
by Paula Young on Jan 23rd, 2014

I highly recommend Dr. Javier L. Munoz. I felt a sense of calm after our first meeting. Dr. Munoz is very compassionate, caring, understanding, patient, knowledgeable and comforting to talk with. My worries and anxiety went away as he explained treatment plans/options. A positive attitude helps recovery and because of my visit with Dr Munoz I am feeling better than ever!

|  Dr. Munoz is an Excellent Oncologist  |  show details
by Terez Pasztor on Jan 21st, 2014

Dr. Munoz is very friendly. He is never in a hurry, he takes his time to make sure he answers all my questions. He always sets up my next appointment with him or any specialist I need to see. I recommend him to anybody, you will not be disappointed.

|  Review  |  show details
by Richard C on Nov 13th, 2013

Dr. Munoz was very prompt, professional,and informative. He was very patient answering questions concerning my issue, explaining how it developed, laid out a course of action for addressing the problem. A number of follow-up allowed him to monitor progress. I was very pleased with Dr. Munoz and his staff.

by Homer Burrous on Nov 3rd, 2013

Dr Munoz is most extraordinary in many ways He treated me and my family with respect and understanding, he is very caring and kind, and above all he is understands the process that his patients go through. I feel that he is part of my family and will always have a place in our hearts.

|  Best of the best  |  show details
by MS on Oct 25th, 2013

Five out of five stars says it all! Wonderful human being! An angel on earth!!!!!

|  "A Cut Above the Rest"  |  show details
by Bob B. on Oct 23rd, 2013

My wife was recently diagnosed with Lymphoma. Luckilly, our insurance company used MD Anderson Cancer Center in Mesa for care. Dr. Munoz was assigned as lead oncologist for devising and administering a treatment plan. Dr. Munoz has provided us with a thoughtful and successful treatment plan. After targeted treatment my wife is cancer free and a plan has been developed to keep her free. I cannot tell you what relief we are enjoying and how Dr. Munoz has been an integral part of that experience. I highly recommend Dr. Munoz to you for your care.

|  A Doctor that treats me like a Prince not a number.  |  show details
by Charles E. Prince Sr. on Sep 29th, 2013

Dr. Munoz always greats me with a big smile when he enters the room. I have had three spinal fusions, heart attacks, strokes, skin cancers, prostate cancer, an artifical heart,a heart transplant and now limpthoma cancer. Dr. Munoz explained to me how he would start the treatments and the test I would get. Last week when I saw him for my appointment he greated me with a bigger smile and was saying " it's a Miracle, It's a Miracle". I said what is? Dr. Munoz said the lumps around my liver and kidneys and my body are gone!!!!! With tears in my eyes I said it sure is a miracle, with all the surgeries I've had I thought this was comming to the end for me. I will say to everyone no matter what you are being treated for "Don't give up hope, You might have a miracle like me in the past and present". Dr. Munoz will do his best for your miracle.

by JL, Grosse Pointe, Michigan on Sep 22nd, 2013

Dr. Munoz treated me for an aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma in 2009 and I've been in remission since then. During treatment he carefully explained the chemotherapy drugs, procedures and what I could expect. He placed me in a clinical trial, has kept in contact and follows my progress. Physicians and nurses in the internal medicine and otolaryngology clinics at Henry Ford Hospital told me they have high regard for Dr. Munoz. He has a gentle humor and is smart, approachable, caring, and skilled. I would put myself in his care again.

|  Excellent Oncologist  |  show details
by Jim W. on Jul 18th, 2013

With any cancer diagnosis initially there is a lot of anxiety. I arrived for my first appointment with a list of about 18 questions. Before I had an opportunity to begin asking, most of them had been answered. There was always time to answer all of my questions and respond to my concerns and side effects. He encouraged me to continue with my work in remote locations and adjusted my chemo schedule to accommodate my crazy work and travel schedule.

Mar 22nd, 2013

Intelligent, caring, great bed side manners

Mar 22nd, 2013

Dr. Munoz was my doctor over the last 5 years. I was admitted to the hospital on the hematology/oncology floor. Dr. Munoz was the only one who was able to talk to me and explain my situation. For three days I had very high stress/anxiety because no one was able to explain my situation to me. When I met Dr. Munoz, he actually took time and carefully explained my health condition and was very empathetic.He sat down with my chart and explained all the lab values with me.

May 27th, 2011

My Son received excellent care from Dr. Munoz. Excellent job of making a patient who is going through the hardest time in their life (dealing with cancer)feel at ease when visiting the doctor for followup or for hearing results of tests. Always returned calls in a timely manner even if it meant he called in the evening after his normal hours. Very caring doctor.