Dr. Javier Munoz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.9

June 21st, 2016
Dr. Munoz was the answer to my prayers. His diagnosis of my NHL condition, followed up with Rituximab treatments, gave me hope and the ability to cope with my life again. Several oncologists that I had seen before Dr. Munoz did not do that, and my primary physician recommended M D Anderson Clinic where I was fortunate to connect with Dr. Munoz.

January 31st, 2016
Successful treatment for Hodgkin Lymphoma
Dr Munoz and his staff at MD Anderson were excellent. They were kind, professional and thorough during my 6 month treatment for Hodgkin Lymphoma. In addition, I am very glad to report that the treatment plan was successful and I am in complete remission. I am very grateful for Dr Munoz and MD Anderson, and look forward to occasional followup appointments over the next several years.

November 22nd, 2015
Fantastic Specialist
Dr. Munoz is one of the most knowledgeable and professional doctors I have ever met. He is the consummate professional, and a national expert in Hematology and Lymphomas.

November 15th, 2015
Dr. Munoz ...One of the Best!
Dr. Munoz never rushed my appointments, always addressed my concerns, and described my treatment very effectively. He is easy to understand and I feel blessed that I had him and his staff to help me with my battle against Lymphoma. I highly recommend him.

April 22nd, 2015
Dave's Review
I was very pleased with the entire office.

April 9th, 2015
Dr. Munoz was and is my favorite doctor I have ever had to work with. He was knowledgeable about what I needed to get healthy and he genuinely seemed to care about my well being.

February 22nd, 2015
Dr. Munoz was extremely helpful in treatment of my chronic ITP condition.

September 5th, 2014
dr review
I was going to the mayo clinic in Scottsdale.started there in late 2007. then I started being unhappy there with the lack of concern and felt like I was being rushed as we would talk to the doctor. I expressed my concerns with him and his staff but nothing really seemed to change. I researched md Anderson in gilbert. made my appointment. I was blessed to have dr munoz as my doctor. the amount of care and concern I received was amazing. he greeted himself talked about what he did. explained my illness better. asked us if we had questions and concerns. he listened and explained. did not rush at all. he explained all the options we had and asked us what we thought. and his thoughts. not only was he great but each and every person there at that facility. from the insurance people to the schedulers. every one was courteous and treated me with care. the volunteers were also so helpful and caring. I recently had radiation. 14 treatments. I received the best care ever. the men and women there helped so much. extremely caring. always asked if I was ok. if I needed to stop. always asked how my days and weeks were. I always felt like I knew them for years. the time I spent there even though I was going through the treatments, I felt great. I actually felt excited to go because the people were so amazing. I am so thankful that I chose to change to md Anderson cancer facility. I wish that I would of changed a long time ago. md Anderson cancer facility is an amazing caring facility. I pray that if I ever come across someone weather it be family or friends or just someone I come across in the store that I can recommend md Anderson cancer center. the facility changed my life.

June 21st, 2014
Great Doctor
If you are very lucky, you will have Dr. Munoz as your physician. He is thorough, carefully explains everything, and is, I believe, extremely competent. Highly recommended.

April 30th, 2014
Very kind and compassionate. I always felt I was important to him, and he shared and explained thoroughly all tests, treatments and results. Dr. Munoz appears to be very dedicated to the treatment and search for a cure of lymphoma. I highly recommend him!

April 10th, 2014
Great Doctor
Dr Munoz is a great doctor and person. He spent lots of time with us explaining my particular type of cancer, how it acts, and what treatment plans are appropriate. He was very thorough in his analysis, and very careful to have all of his "ducks in a row" before making a treatment recommendation. He did this all in easy to understand layman's terms. He is also kind, friendly, and personable. His work on clinical trials for new treatment possibilities is impressive. I will absolutely continue seeing him for follow up treatment.

March 16th, 2014
Beyond expectations
It's scary. You go into treatment hoping and expecting a knowledgeable team of doctors. But, Dr. Munoz goes well beyond one's normal expectations. At first, you may think he's being "tactful". But, as you get to know him, you see he is very caring. I also appreciate his decisiveness. There were times when I had my doubts. But, he's been through this and knows what has to be done. I can't thank him and his associates enough.