Orthopaedic Surgeon, Surgical Specialist, Physiatrist (physical, rehabilitation)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  show details
Dec 11th, 2014

Very happy!!!

|  still in pain  |  show details
by Angie on Nov 22nd, 2014

I went to Dr. Places on another doctor's recommendation to have an epidural for my sciatic nerve pain. I was not prepared or told how excruciatingly painful it was going to be. As I'm lying on the table feeling like I've been electrocuted, he walks out telling me to have a good day. I was sent home 20 minutes later with my BP at 190/120 and told to call my regular Dr in 3 days if it didn't go down. I have not had any relief from the pain.

|  Pain Finally Under Control  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2014

I have had a horrible back problem with tremendous pain (double scoliosis, spinal stenosis, pinched nerve, nerve damage...the list goes on). Dr Placer has been the only dr to get my pain in control, and in control without me being loopy or sleeping constantly. He is my hero!

|  Very GOOD and caring!  |  show details
Feb 13th, 2014

I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis almost 10 years ago and have seen multiple doctors over the years. Some doctors has told me that there is nothing they can do and others has recommended surgery but can't do surgery due to my health condition. I met Dr. Javier Placer 2 years ago. He confirmed the diagnosis but explained my condition in full details and spent plenty of time with me. He gave me options and hope in life. He has provided me 2 injections which has changed my life and took me off 2 medications in exchange for the butrans patch which has been able to control my symptoms well. I did see his PA prior seeing him. I will highly recommend to see him. Dont think twice. Ask around. Dont go with what people say here. Other doctors will recommend him and for a reason.

|  house wife  |  show details
by Amelia thompson on Feb 12th, 2014

I saw doctor placer for my arthritis and knee pain. I am zero pain tolerant person so I was very scared to see any doctors. There are times when I went to see a pain management doctors and walked away due to I just did not like the way they treat their patients. I can be obnoxious some times, but when I saw doctor placer and the way he addressed me ..I knew I wanted to be there. so I have been seeing him for arthritis and knee pain. He controls my pain meds to make sure I don't do over for my health concerns . I truly like him and think world of him. thank you dr placer I can walk now. Arthritis are still the same but I am sure it will get better over the time. Staff is wonderful. Love yiyi she is cool.

|  best doctor  |  show details
by Gladys johnson on Dec 20th, 2013

Hi my name is Gladys. I saw Dr.Javier Placer for 3rd time now. I was very skeptical about pain management doctor in the beginning but once I saw him I felt so much better. He is not just take meds and leave me alone kind of doctor, he truly cares about his patients, I also heard good things about him while waiting in waiting room for my name to be called in. staff is courteous, easy to get appointments. He takes his time, explains procedures well, and alwaz has a smile. I will definitely recommend to anyone who is looking for a caring doctor.

|  Other reviews are B.S.  |  show details
by Bill W. on Aug 13th, 2013

Had an attitude from the start. Did NO physical examinations on me yet on my record he claims 12 physical tests and bogus positive results. Apparently believed Dr. Joseph Flynn's opinion instead of determining his own. Would NOT recommend him for anyone at any time.

|  Great Pain Doctor!  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

He is very good at looking at the whole body not just your back. I would not go to any other pain doctor!

|  GREAT!!  |  show details
Jul 24th, 2011

I've been going to this doctor for quite some time and I think he's great! He DOES NOT "push pills". He will prescribe them when necessary but never a huge amount, like some doctors. He's VERY friendly and has an excellent bedside manner. The staff is very nice and his nurse is nice too. My little boy loves her and she's always very sweet to him as well!

|  Great reputation  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2010

WOW! I don't know how or why the previous rater is saying such things about this doctor. I can tell you that i have had a totally different experience. I was told by my PCP to see him as he does have a great reputation. I was more than impressed. He has been very kind and understanding. He by no means push any medications. At the contrary, He was able to get me off the pain medications and has continue seeing me even when i'm not longer taking the pain medications. He does care about patients and wants to keep them stable. At least, thats my experience. I think the previous rater had an isolated bad experience and i'm sure if he brings his concern to the doctors attention, he may be able to help him. I have been under the care of so many doctors due to my chronic pain problems after undergoing several surgeries. He has been the only one who has listened and cared for me. He is really a great doctor.

|  show details
Jan 8th, 2010

This guy isn't bad if all you want is meds.Doesn't really listen to the patient.Thinks a SCS is a cure all.Doesn't really take the time to find out what the patient's medical problems really are.Just push the pills.

|  Great Pain doctor and very knowledgable.  |  show details