Dr. Javier Placer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 28th, 2016
Spent no time with me
He never did a physical exam, never spent more than 3 minutes in the room with me, just wanted to do injections and give prescriptions. Not helpful.

September 29th, 2015
Doesn't take vitals, I'm on several medications including a narcotic. Spends less then 8 minutes with me on average. Shows little care and first tried a medication that had interactions with every other med I was on. It caused burns on my body (Butrans pain patch). Never felt my muscles to see how badly the muscles were contracted.

September 20th, 2015
Disappointed
This doctor is in a rush. Tells you what he thinks and that's that. I was referred to his office by a doctor whose experience I valued. After arriving at the surgery center I waited almost 2 hours. Dr Placer was late. After my procedure he disappeared. I wanted to know which steroid and the dosage he used in my facet joint injections but there was no record found. I requested the info from the nurse who called me from the surgery center the next day but she called me back and referred me to Dr Placer's office. All I was able to do was leave a message and I did, detailing exactly what I wanted to know. I've not received a call. A doctor who has not a moment to return calls will NOT have my money.

December 11th, 2014
Very happy!!!

November 22nd, 2014
still in pain
I went to Dr. Places on another doctor's recommendation to have an epidural for my sciatic nerve pain. I was not prepared or told how excruciatingly painful it was going to be. As I'm lying on the table feeling like I've been electrocuted, he walks out telling me to have a good day. I was sent home 20 minutes later with my BP at 190/120 and told to call my regular Dr in 3 days if it didn't go down. I have not had any relief from the pain.

July 24th, 2014
Pain Finally Under Control
I have had a horrible back problem with tremendous pain (double scoliosis, spinal stenosis, pinched nerve, nerve damage...the list goes on). Dr Placer has been the only dr to get my pain in control, and in control without me being loopy or sleeping constantly. He is my hero!

February 13th, 2014
Very GOOD and caring!
I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis almost 10 years ago and have seen multiple doctors over the years. Some doctors has told me that there is nothing they can do and others has recommended surgery but can't do surgery due to my health condition. I met Dr. Javier Placer 2 years ago. He confirmed the diagnosis but explained my condition in full details and spent plenty of time with me. He gave me options and hope in life. He has provided me 2 injections which has changed my life and took me off 2 medications in exchange for the butrans patch which has been able to control my symptoms well. I did see his PA prior seeing him. I will highly recommend to see him. Dont think twice. Ask around. Dont go with what people say here. Other doctors will recommend him and for a reason.

February 12th, 2014
house wife
I saw doctor placer for my arthritis and knee pain. I am zero pain tolerant person so I was very scared to see any doctors. There are times when I went to see a pain management doctors and walked away due to I just did not like the way they treat their patients. I can be obnoxious some times, but when I saw doctor placer and the way he addressed me ..I knew I wanted to be there. so I have been seeing him for arthritis and knee pain. He controls my pain meds to make sure I don't do over for my health concerns . I truly like him and think world of him. thank you dr placer I can walk now. Arthritis are still the same but I am sure it will get better over the time. Staff is wonderful. Love yiyi she is cool.

December 5th, 2011
Great Pain Doctor!
He is very good at looking at the whole body not just your back. I would not go to any other pain doctor!

July 24th, 2011
GREAT!!
I've been going to this doctor for quite some time and I think he's great! He DOES NOT "push pills". He will prescribe them when necessary but never a huge amount, like some doctors. He's VERY friendly and has an excellent bedside manner. The staff is very nice and his nurse is nice too. My little boy loves her and she's always very sweet to him as well!

April 22nd, 2010
Great reputation
WOW! I don't know how or why the previous rater is saying such things about this doctor. I can tell you that i have had a totally different experience. I was told by my PCP to see him as he does have a great reputation. I was more than impressed. He has been very kind and understanding. He by no means push any medications. At the contrary, He was able to get me off the pain medications and has continue seeing me even when i'm not longer taking the pain medications. He does care about patients and wants to keep them stable. At least, thats my experience. I think the previous rater had an isolated bad experience and i'm sure if he brings his concern to the doctors attention, he may be able to help him. I have been under the care of so many doctors due to my chronic pain problems after undergoing several surgeries. He has been the only one who has listened and cared for me. He is really a great doctor.

January 8th, 2010
This guy isn't bad if all you want is meds.Doesn't really listen to the patient.Thinks a SCS is a cure all.Doesn't really take the time to find out what the patient's medical problems really are.Just push the pills.