Dr. Javier Torrens Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Javier Torrens?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Javier Torrens?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 31st, 2016

Can not get appointment

With great deal of frustration, I write my words here. You see, I am a patient of Dr Torrens for the past 4 years. Recently and for the past three weeks, I have been trying to set up my yearly appointment without any success. I always get directed to office voice mail requesting to leave my name and a message stating that a staff member will get back to me. Well I am sure you guessed that no one did call. This is really a joke and should not be happening in the US. But after all our health system is in shamble and doctor are still the highest overpaid professionals in the nation.

October 31st, 2016

by far and away the best most caring person in his profession I have ever know...

February 8th, 2016

Excellent doctor- He is very accurated given a diagnostic. I trust in him 100%

October 17th, 2015

He listened and explained to me the truth about my condition on in a kind none judgmental way, I did not want to hear it but he was wright.

October 6th, 2015

Dr. Torrens is a micromanager and control freak. He doesn't trust patients (even long time, healthy, well educated patients) to care for themselves outside his office. His methods are unorthodox and sometimes ineffective, but he is too arrogant and stubborn to admit when something isn't working, even if it would be in the patient's best interest to do so.

Doctor's Response

Not sure what evidence there is for this given I follow evidence based medicine and I am clear with instructions -

September 29th, 2015

Dr. Torrens is a good guy who really cares about the health of his patients.Has a very good bedside manner & is easy to talk to.

October 1st, 2013

He spent the time I needed to understand what I needed to do to get better.

May 6th, 2013

Extremely helpful, knowledgeable and unlike other doctors I have seen in the past, he explained things to me and made sure I understood before I left the office. He has gone the extra mile to help me when others would not!

May 1st, 2013

Unfortunately Dr Torrens has way too many patients to keep up with. So the visits are always very rushed. When you ask him to fill a perscription it takes several days for him to send it over to the pharmacy. Every doctors visit is the same and I go away leaving with very little new information. I recommend going to an endocrine doctor who will take there time with you and unfortunately Dr Torrens just doesn't have the time to work with his patients.

August 31st, 2012

Dr. Torrens is extremely knowledgable, courteous, and caring. He types while he is asking you questions, but that is because he is entering it into his system. The office then gives you a summary upon leaving. This is hands down THE BEST endocrinologist I've ever seen. I highly recommend him

August 29th, 2012

Excellent and very knowledgable. Very current and knows how to mix the right type of diabetic drugs to get the best results

April 12th, 2012

Very personable and caring. Dr. Torrens is also very through and hands me a print out of what we went over.