Dr. Jawaid K Akhtar MD, MBBS, and BS is a male Colon/Rectal Surgeon, has 42 years of experience and practices in Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery.
A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jawaid Akhtar:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jawaid Akhtar is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jawaid Akhtar, MD, MBBS, BS is board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery.
More Specialties & Research
Education & Awards
Dr. Akhtar graduated from Dow Medical College, Karachi.More Education & Awards
Dr. Akhtar has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Port Huron Hospital
- St. Joseph Mercy Port Huron
- Mercy Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Akhtar accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- Priority Health - 7 plans
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 8 plans
- United Healthcare - 13 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 22 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Meridian Health Plan of MI, Inc. (Formerly Health Plan of MI) - 1 plan
- HealthPlus of Michigan - 9 plans
- Cigna - 10 plans
More Accepted Insurance
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jawaid K. Akhtar practice?
Dr. Jawaid Akhtar practices Colon & Rectal Surgery and Surgery near Port Huron, MI.
See Port Huron Surgeons.