A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Jackson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Jackson, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Cardiovascular Disease.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Jackson graduated from University of Missouri at Kansas City.
Dr. Jackson has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Providence Medical Center
- Shawnee Mission Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Jackson accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Kansas City - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Anthem - 2 plans
- Family Health Partners - 2 plans
- Missouri Medicaid - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Evercare - 3 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jay A. Jackson practice?
Dr. Jay Jackson practices Internal Medicine, Cardiovascular Disease, and Cardiology near Independence, MO.
Additional practice locations include: Overland Park, KS and Leawood, KS.
See Independence Internists and Independence Cardiologists.