Dr. Jay Jackson Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jay Jackson?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Jay Jackson?

2 Ratings with 1 Comment

Neutral

Showing 2 Ratings with 1 Comment

September 26th, 2015

Just A Business - As Usual

GP referred me to Dr. Jackson for stress test in August. Sent referral info, told me doctor's office would call to set appt. Waited a week, no call, so I called them. Receptionist tells me I need to talk to a person who's "covering for another person" and hasn't gotten around to recent referrals therefore. But she cannot cover for the Appointment Clerk and check the computer to see if the referral info got there and I am on the books, so *I* should double check my MD sent referral info and, if so, wait a couple days more and I'll be called. Well, GP verifies she sent info. Six weeks later, still no call-back. Why - because I'm on Medicare? Because office unattended for some days and backlog just trashed? Does the doctor even know what his staff is doing with referrals? Does he care (especially since I'm "Not An "Established Patient", the latest pejorative term for "referral" in the medibusiness world, meaning the doctor has no legal liability - and, therefore, no moral responsibility?) Does it matter that I'm 70 and have a family heart history and some possible symptoms - obviously this point lost on somebody in the office. If he's too booked up, shouldn't his people refer me or my MD to someone else? Is this medical care, or just more managed care? This sort of unprofessional nonsense is so common - what will it take to end it? Where to find someone who doesn't buy into it? Whatever, there is Zero trustworthiness here.

August 5th, 2016