Dr. Jay Bender Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jay Bender?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

October 5th, 2015

Dr. Bender always treats me with respect. He always takes the time to answer my questions. He is a busy doctor. Do these people who are complaining about him not realize this? He is a good doctor and i trust him.

July 18th, 2012

Bad

My knee surgery was a disaster. Constant pain. Dr Bender does not seem to believe me and tells me that it is distributed pain from L3. Since when does L3 cause swelling at the remote site? I think that the real problem is that he used a Zimmer knee replacement. These are the one of the cheapest and least reliable knee replacements on the market (according to my sources). I was never given an opportunity to select which knee replacement I was to be given. This would have helped. I have requested second opinions but no other doctors I have talked to will treat a Zimmer knee. So, I am stuck with Dr. Bender - who messed it up in the first place. I trusted him. Don't make the same mistake. You could wind up with no options too.

March 12th, 2012

great personal careI hope that all doctors are as compassionate as Dr. B

January 11th, 2011

Did not adequately discuss treatment options. Lacked professionalism in conversation/comments.

September 23rd, 2010

One of the most horrible men ....... and doctor....

This "Doctor" should not have a license to practice orthopedic medicine. I broke my my humorous bone in two places in 2005. I not only snapped it half, but shattered a piece of bone that broke of in my bicep. I was able to get indigent care for my arm because I could not afford health care after losing my job. After hospitals turning me DOWN, as I was going into to shock because of the pain, a ER took me in. I was shaking, and in the worst pain ever. my arm was snapped and shattered. After a simple evaluation, they referred me to Jay Bender. Obviously my arm needed surgery yet he showed X-rays to me and my parents and asked "what would you do?" He basically talked me out of surgery and I listened. After that, I never even got a cast. It was splint and wrapping. Dr. Bender even one time physically tried to push my bone into place. I didn't know what was going to happen yet all of the sudden, 3 nurses were basically holding my body down while Dr. Bender and an assistant pushed my splint and broken arm into a "place". I remember crying so hard and staring in my mothers eyes and screaming stop!! After an intense and painful moment, Dr. Bender just left. A nurse wrapped my broken and shattered arm in a gauze and a splint. My arm never healed. I now have a softball sized callus on my arm. I can not use it and have constant pain all because of a doctor who treated me like garbage. NEVER GO TO JAY BENDER!!!! Especially if you do not have the the best medical care. He ruined my chance at a normal life and he scared me. Thats even worse.

May 26th, 2010

Hip Replacement

August 7th, 2008

Needs to CARE more

Dr. Bender is the kind of doctor who has one foot out the door as soon as he steps one foot in. He is very hard to to talk to. He will not explain what is going on with your body, which I think we have a right to know. He has the worst bedside manner I have ever seen. I would not recommend him to anyone.

May 15th, 2017