Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- COPD The facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jay Berland
Dr. Jay Berland, MD is a Doctor primarily located in New Hyde Park, NY. He has 22 years of experience. His specialties include Sleep Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine, Anesthesiology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Berland is affiliated with MidHudson Regional Hospital of Westchester Medical Center, North Shore University Hospital and St Francis Hospital. Dr. Berland has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Jay Berland has the following 6 specialties
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues,...
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical...
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs,...
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad...
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger...
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment...
Dr. Jay Berland is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New Hyde Park, NY.
Dr. David Breidbart
Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine
New Hyde Park, NY 0 mi38
Dr. Leonard Landesberg
Pulmonary Disease, Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine
New Hyde Park, NY 0 mi23
Dr. Denise Ruttgeizer
Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine
New Hyde Park, NY 0 mi25