Dr. Jay Berland MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

February 4th, 2015
Good Doctor-Doesn't Care
He doesn't get back to you for a very long time long time! The one time he did get back to me, he seemed perturbed that he had to take 2 mins out of his schedule to talk to one of his trillion patients. He's about volume and profit. It's a pulmonary factory, and his secretary is a young condescending snot who never followed through with ordering my machine. I ended up having to do her work and call Apria myself. Because of her, my insurance no longer covered it, because I had switched jobs. - Some doctors care; some just want a big house on Lon Giland.

September 23rd, 2014
Try and reach him on the phone--I dare you! Out of 10 messages--you'll get 2 calls back from the secretary and no calls back from the doctor.

September 29th, 2009
Best of the best
Before I started seeing Dr Berland, I would get two-three major cases of bronchitis a season. Since I started seeing him and following his advice and treatment I have not had anything get beyond what one would consider a normal cold. The wait at his office can be long but that is due to his dedication. Emergencies come first and he often gets tied up at the hospital. You need to book routine appointments months in advance but every time I have called with something required his attention he fit me in the same day.