A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Butler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Butler
Type 2 Diabetes Patient Education Learn about type 2 diabetes symptoms, treatments and medications by reading Vitals' patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Butler Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Butler, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Bacterial Pneumonia
- HIV Infections
- Haemophilus Infections
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
- Pneumococcal Pneumonia
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
- Viral Pneumonia
Education & Awards
Dr. Butler graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Butler has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Alaska Native Medical Center, Phs
- Alaska Native Med Ctr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay Clarence Butler MD is a male Internist, has 26 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Pediatrics.
- Where does Dr. Jay C. Butler practice?
- Dr. Jay Butler has 2 office locations.
Dr. Jay Butler practices Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Pediatrics near Anchorage, AK.
See Anchorage Internists, Anchorage Infectious Disease Doctors, and Anchorage Pediatricians.