A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Butler:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Butler is Average.
Prepare before visiting Dr. Butler
Severe Persistent Asthma Patient Education Our severe persistent asthma patient education guide explains causes and treatment options for relief of asthma symptoms.Before Visiting Dr. Butler Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Butler, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Pediatrics.
- He has special expertise in 14 areas:
- AIDS/HIV (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome)
- Bacterial Pneumonia
- HIV Infections
- Haemophilus Infections
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome
- Hepatitis C
- Infectious Disease
- Pneumococcal Pneumonia
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus Infections
- Respiratory Tract Infections
- Strep Infection (Streptococcal Infections)
- Viral Pneumonia
Education & Awards
Dr. Butler graduated from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill. He has 5 awards.
Dr. Butler has 2 hospital affiliations:
- Alaska Native Medical Center, Phs
- Alaska Native Med Ctr
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay Clarence Butler MD is a male Internist, has 27 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Pediatrics.
- Where does Dr. Jay C. Butler practice?
- Dr. Jay Butler has 1 office location.
Dr. Jay Butler practices Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, and Pediatrics near Anchorage, AK.
See Anchorage Internists, Anchorage Infectious Disease Doctors, and Anchorage Pediatricians.