Dr. Jay Long, MD
Surgical Specialist

Attaboy Dr. Long... show details Attaboy Dr. Long...
by Larry Feagans on Aug 1st, 2014

Dr. Long first repaired 2 hernia's...Didn't even have to take a pain pill... Next had emergency surgery to repair blockage in small intestine...I was up the next day and home the next...A top surgeon in my book..!

Nov 1st, 2013

Dr. Long saved my life. I met Dr. Long in 2011 at a bariatric seminar because I have been obese most of my life. Following the seminar, I was scheduled to see him in office for a consultation and really liked his personality and his willingness to explain everything to me and my family in detail. I wanted to go forward with gastric bypass surgery. After meeting with Debbie, his office manager I was on my way to meet all of my criteria. A few days after my appointment I was at my yearly check- up and my doctor found a mass in my breast. Well, I knew that Dr. Long also did that type of surgery so I immediately called his office for an appointment. Within days of my call I was scheduled for my first biopsy. Unfortunately it came back as cancer so that same month I had a mastectomy. After much treatment I was proud to say I was cancer free. In January (Almost exactly a year from my diagnosis) I had my gastric bypass surgery. Not only am I cancer free but I have lost 90 lbs. and feel like I have a new life. Thank you Dr. Long and your staff for all of your support.