Dr. Jay Long, MD

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Attaboy Dr. Long...  |  show details
by Larry Feagans on Aug 1st, 2014

Dr. Long first repaired 2 hernia's...Didn't even have to take a pain pill... Next had emergency surgery to repair blockage in small intestine...I was up the next day and home the next...A top surgeon in my book..!

|  show details
Nov 1st, 2013

Dr. Long saved my life. I met Dr. Long in 2011 at a bariatric seminar because I have been obese most of my life. Following the seminar, I was scheduled to see him in office for a consultation and really liked his personality and his willingness to explain everything to me and my family in detail. I wanted to go forward with gastric bypass surgery. After meeting with Debbie, his office manager I was on my way to meet all of my criteria. A few days after my appointment I was at my yearly check- up and my doctor found a mass in my breast. Well, I knew that Dr. Long also did that type of surgery so I immediately called his office for an appointment. Within days of my call I was scheduled for my first biopsy. Unfortunately it came back as cancer so that same month I had a mastectomy. After much treatment I was proud to say I was cancer free. In January (Almost exactly a year from my diagnosis) I had my gastric bypass surgery. Not only am I cancer free but I have lost 90 lbs. and feel like I have a new life. Thank you Dr. Long and your staff for all of your support.