A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Calesnick:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Calesnick, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 9 areas:
- Diabetic Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy)
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Lens Implants (Intraocular Lens Implantation)
- Macular Degeneration
- Macular Edema
- Pink eye (Conjunctivitis)
- Retinal Vein Occlusion
Education & Awards
Dr. Calesnick graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Calesnick has 14 hospital affiliations:
- Virtua Memorial Hospital Of Burlington County
- Virtua West Jersey Hospital - Marlton
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Calesnick accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Independence Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- University Health Plan - 2 plans
- United Health Group, Inc. - Americhoice - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Medicare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jay L. Calesnick practice?
Dr. Jay Calesnick practices Ophthalmology near Salem, NJ.
Additional practice locations include: Voorhees, NJ and Philadelphia, PA.
See Salem Ophthalmologists.