Surgical Specialist, Neurological Surgeon

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
May 22nd, 2015

Diagnosis was accurate and helped me feel better

Upsetting Experience show details Upsetting Experience
Feb 25th, 2015

Someone had recommended Dr. Chun to me, so when I met him, I was surprised at his pompous, full-of-himself attitude. He charged me $300 for a consultation regarding my chronic back issues. I was told on the phone prior to the appt that Dr. Chun would be spending at least 30 minutes with me, but in actuality, he only spent 6-8 minutes with me, at the most! I had brought him an MRI, which I had done elsewhere, for him to review. He said he reviewed it, but I saw it on the desk, still in its case. Maybe he reviewed it before he met with me? In any case, he gave me NO advice except to try shots. Long story short, I begrudgingly paid the $300 for my tiny useless appointment, went home and then realized he never gave me my MRI disk back. I called them immediately and a couple times after that, but they said they don't have it. UGH!!! That was about 3 weeks ago. So, this morning I went to my primary care doctor for an unrelated medical issue, and Dr. Chun had forwarded them a copy of his report from the consultation, which was fine. However, the report consisted of a cover letter and 3 pages of God knows what. The nurse practitioner read me a few sentences of it. He wrote things like, "met with the patient and the family and discussed all the options for treatment", etc. Met with family? What family...I went by myself! I know the doctors drum up reports for the insurance companies to justify their ridiculous fees, but to hear some of the stuff he wrote was upsetting, because it was obviously made up! I'm done with doctors.

Spinal Surgery show details Spinal Surgery
May 30th, 2012

I was suffering extreme pain from sever spinal stenosis for 2 years. The pain radiated down my left leg to my foot and I could barely walk. When I met with Dr. Jay Chun he reviewed my MRI and immediately advised me that he could help me return to a normal life and relieve my pain. He suggested that this could be accomplished by minimally invasive spinal surgery which could be conducted through a small incision in my back. He explained the surgery in detail and arranged for pain medication and two weeks later the surgery was scheduled. The surgery went very well and only required an overnight stay in the hospital. I am now 3 weeks into my recovery and doing extremely well, I even did a brief workout on the treadmill this week. I am so happy with the results of the operation as the pain from the spinal stenosis is gone. What more can someone ask of their Doctor, he indeed is amazing.

Compassion is an understatement for Dr. Chun show details Compassion is an understatement for Dr. Chun
Aug 17th, 2011

just stumbled on this sight, Need to tell the world that I suffered with shock. Pain in my face for 4 months, went to all kinds of doctors, even had a dentist remove two back teeth, thinking it may have been the reason for the server pain I was having. After finally findIng Dr. Chun, it took me two weeks to get into his office, I have been to two other nero. Doctors. And they only gave me medication ( that did not help). Dr. Chun had looked army MRI, spoke to me for at least a half hour and said the magic works I was lining to hear, no problem I can take care of IT.. Told me it was, trigeminal neuralgia....gave me a couple of options, I was in so much pain, I wanted to commit to end my life. He spoke to me like I was his sister and his understanding and kindness was nothing I have ever experienced before especially with a doctor I went with his option for brain surgery. Everyone thought I was crazy but the pain was unreal and the faith ihadin Dr. Chun after my visit with him was from a storybook ..two weeks later he did the surgery, my family was very scared that I took that option, but I woke up in the recovery and was pain FREE...no more shock pain in my face. Hie follow up was great which ended in huge Hug. His compasion was Oneida have ever seen or may never see again in a doctor... He should be called the doctor with the golden HEART. Thank you again Dr. Chun for just being You, there is no were I am sure in medical school you could of learned that...It feels good to touchy face and be pain free, thank you again and God Bless, Joanne Biasi

Wonderful Caring Surgeon show details Wonderful Caring Surgeon
by AS 6-2010 on Jul 16th, 2010

I am a very happy and healthy patient of Dr Chun's. Without Dr Chun's immediate action and care, I would not be. My scar looks amazing, everyone comments on it. My recuperation as been smooth and my prognosis is great. I highly recommend Dr Chun.

Mar 16th, 2010

He should have his license yanked! Screwed up my surgery,uncaring, no follow up worst doctor ever!!!

Sep 17th, 2009