Dr. Jay Chun Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jay Chun?

May 22nd, 2015

Diagnosis was accurate and helped me feel better

February 25th, 2015

Upsetting Experience

Someone had recommended Dr. Chun to me, so when I met him, I was surprised at his pompous, full-of-himself attitude. He charged me $300 for a consultation regarding my chronic back issues. I was told on the phone prior to the appt that Dr. Chun would be spending at least 30 minutes with me, but in actuality, he only spent 6-8 minutes with me, at the most! I had brought him an MRI, which I had done elsewhere, for him to review. He said he reviewed it, but I saw it on the desk, still in its case. Maybe he reviewed it before he met with me? In any case, he gave me NO advice except to try shots. Long story short, I begrudgingly paid the $300 for my tiny useless appointment, went home and then realized he never gave me my MRI disk back. I called them immediately and a couple times after that, but they said they don't have it. UGH!!! That was about 3 weeks ago. So, this morning I went to my primary care doctor for an unrelated medical issue, and Dr. Chun had forwarded them a copy of his report from the consultation, which was fine. However, the report consisted of a cover letter and 3 pages of God knows what. The nurse practitioner read me a few sentences of it. He wrote things like, "met with the patient and the family and discussed all the options for treatment", etc. Met with family? What family...I went by myself! I know the doctors drum up reports for the insurance companies to justify their ridiculous fees, but to hear some of the stuff he wrote was upsetting, because it was obviously made up! I'm done with doctors.

May 30th, 2012

Spinal Surgery

I was suffering extreme pain from sever spinal stenosis for 2 years. The pain radiated down my left leg to my foot and I could barely walk. When I met with Dr. Jay Chun he reviewed my MRI and immediately advised me that he could help me return to a normal life and relieve my pain. He suggested that this could be accomplished by minimally invasive spinal surgery which could be conducted through a small incision in my back. He explained the surgery in detail and arranged for pain medication and two weeks later the surgery was scheduled. The surgery went very well and only required an overnight stay in the hospital. I am now 3 weeks into my recovery and doing extremely well, I even did a brief workout on the treadmill this week. I am so happy with the results of the operation as the pain from the spinal stenosis is gone. What more can someone ask of their Doctor, he indeed is amazing.

July 16th, 2010

Wonderful Caring Surgeon

I am a very happy and healthy patient of Dr Chun's. Without Dr Chun's immediate action and care, I would not be. My scar looks amazing, everyone comments on it. My recuperation as been smooth and my prognosis is great. I highly recommend Dr Chun.

March 16th, 2010

He should have his license yanked! Screwed up my surgery,uncaring, no follow up worst doctor ever!!!

September 17th, 2009