Dr. Jay Collier MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

November 21st, 2012
Good intentions, mixed results
If I were asked about Dr. J. Collier's overall competence, knowledge, abilities or skill at relating to "consumers" on a human level, I would have a tough time giving a quick answer. As someone who was his patient for over five years, I feel I may have some small insight, but someone else could have had better or worse experiences with this physician. His support staff (nurses nurses, reception, etc were kind and helpful. He was sure to ask the appropriate questions to ensure I had access to the medicines which help me manage my condition. After his years at the practice where I saw him, he moved on and I was scheduled to see a different psychiatrist who had inherited his old office. I had heard good things about her. I was blindsided when she told me I was being treated for a disorder different than the one Dr. Collier had diagnosed me with over five years ago. The new doctor looked back at his notes and I had been re-diagnosed over a year earlier. I felt horrible for her, because she seemed upset as she watched me wheeze my way through an anxiety attack and try to hold back tears. Now I am left wondering if Dr. Collier was not comfortable telling me the new diagnosis, if he forgot, if it wasn' t important to him, if he thought he told me....

November 4th, 2011
Excellent! He really helps!

August 15th, 2008
An Excellent Psychiatrist
When I was nineteen years old, I started seeing Dr. Collier. He was one of many doctors I'd seen for depression, but he was the first who I felt actually had an interest helping me. He listened to my concerns, he thought outside the box, and he used medications with admirable knowledge and insight. He was the first psychiatrist to make me feel better!!

June 20th, 2013