A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Cowan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Cowan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Cowan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
Education & Awards
Dr. Cowan graduated from Howard University , Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Cowan has 7 hospital affiliations:
- North General Hospital
- St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Cowan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Aetna - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Evercare - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 12 plans
- Humana - 5 plans
- United Healthcare - 1 plan
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- MetroPlus Health Plan - 1 plan