A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Cowan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Cowan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cowan
Hep C Patient Education Vitals patient education guide for information about Hep C and symptoms of this viral infection that affects the liver.Before Visiting Dr. Cowan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Cowan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Cowan graduated from Howard University , Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Cowan has 7 hospital affiliations:
- North General Hospital
- St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay Charles Cowan MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Jay C. Cowan practice?
- Dr. Jay Cowan has 1 office location.
Dr. Jay Cowan practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Gastroenterologists.