A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Cowan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Cowan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Cowan
Home Allergies Patient Education Learn all about home allergies and symptoms of mold, pet, dust and other types of indoor allergy issues with Vitals patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Cowan Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Cowan, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Cowan graduated from Howard University , Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Cowan has 7 hospital affiliations:
- North General Hospital
- St Luke's Roosevelt Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jay Charles Cowan MD is a male Internist, has 24 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Jay C. Cowan practice?
- Dr. Jay Cowan has 1 office location.
Dr. Jay Cowan practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near New York, NY.
See New York Internists and New York Gastroenterologists.