Dr. Jay Davis MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

July 8th, 2014
HORRIBLE
Rude, impatient, uncaring, out dated

February 16th, 2014
Terrible doctor!

October 14th, 2013
Not for young women
I went to Dr. Davis since she was the first female gynecologist my health plan would accept. I had done careful research about contraceptive methods that would work best for me and my lifestyle. I had scientific studies backing up the use of IUDs in women who had never had children, as well as a history of issues with hormonal contraceptives. I voiced that this was what I wanted before the exam. However, she went ahead with the exam (and charging my insurance) then afterward basically refused me. It's fine if she doesn't agree with my choices, even if my choice was scientifically based. However, she spent a solid five minutes berating me and telling me how I was wasting hundreds of dollars, demanding I get a Depo shot, then telling me how much an IUD insertion was going to hurt and how she would give me "nothing for the pain". I was close to tears by the time I left, and have since found another gynecologist who told me everything she cited as a reason for refusing me an IUD is outdated information...by about 15 years. She didn't even know what Skyla was! Her staff was great. The exam was quick. But I felt degraded and belittled by the time I left and I wouldn't wish her on my worst enemy. If you're a young woman, or any woman who wants her choices respected or at least discussed with her rationally, avoid Dr. Davis. It's fine to disagree with your patient; it's not fine to lecture her and call her stupid. I thought I would ignore the negative reviews and give her a chance. I regret giving her the benefit of the doubt, and I don't say that lightly.

February 27th, 2013
Terrible Bedside Manner
Her office staff are the best but she just seems very distant and in a hurry at all times. I had to tell her once that I have some questions to ask to stop her from leaving the room and she seemed irritated by my request. i think she is very knowledgable and she knows what she's doing inside out but she needs to work on her attitude.

January 31st, 2011
She seemed knowledgeable about everything, but I felt like she didn't want to take the time to answer my questions. She didn't spend very long with me, and acted like she wanted to get out of the room as quickly as possible. I'm now looking for another obgyn.

May 18th, 2016