Gastroenterologist (digestive)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

• Currently 2.741935483871 of 4 stars
  • Currently 2.741935483871 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  patient  |  show details
Apr 16th, 2014

Dr. Diliberto is in it for the $$!!! He orders tests that aren't required, gives you an improper diagnosis, and even charges $40 to have your medical records transferred to another doctor. Beware!!!

|  Super Doctor  |  show details
by Sharon on Apr 8th, 2014

He is a great doctor that really cares about his patients. I have been going to him for about 8 years and he has always been, professional, kind, warm and caring. I would highly recommend him.

|  AvoidAvoidAvoid!  |  show details
Jan 8th, 2014

There are 2 types of reviews for this so-called 'doctor'....1) those written by him and his staff that praise him incessantly (usually following a bad review) and 2) those written by people unfortunate enough to have encountered the guy. I would'nt recommend him to my worst enemy. Abusive bedside manner, berates, belittles and insults patients (and that's putting it mildly). Not sure if he has a napoleon complex or has mood swings due to a medical issue, but with as many options for other doctors in this area, why subject yourself to this one?

by michelle on Nov 20th, 2013

This doctor is awful. Go somewhere else. My boyfriend has been going to him for years and he has been of no help. He can't figure out what is wrong with his stomach and has never suggested any options or referred him to a doctor that can help, he doesn't seem to care about helping him. He just tells him to take a medication that doesn't help. After years he finally did one study that he should have done from the beginning. The doctor also never returns urgent calls. My boyfriend has called multiple times when he had painful episodes and left messages for the doctor with no return call. He went to the ER and the doctor there said he knows Dr. Diliberto and called him personally. Dr. Dilaberto admitted that he did receive my boyfriend's message. But he never called.... He really didn't seem to care. He is always at least an hour behind. My boyfriend called one day to let them know he was about 5 minutes late and the receptionist said they cannot see him and hung up. They are very rude. Especially after all the hours spent in their waiting room to be seen. Absolutely a waste of time. It takes forever to get an appointment as well.

|  upset  |  show details
by john on Aug 3rd, 2013

one of the most rudest, racially intolerant doctors i have ever met. sadly, people like these exist.

|  Good Doctor  |  show details
by Linda A. on May 13th, 2013

Dr. Diliberto was my husbands doctor for 5 years and we couldn't have been happier with the quality of care Dr. Diliberto gave to both of us. He showed extreme professionalism, caring and explained in detail each and every step of upcoming procedures as well as post procedure results and requirements. His knowledge in his field is superb. His bedside manner is excellent and his caring for his patient's is unparalled. I highly recommend Dr. Diliberto!

|  Great Dr  |  show details
by Don McGee on May 6th, 2013

I went to Dr D for about 3 years and found him very responsive and pleasant. For some reason my primary suddenly sent me to another Gastroentrologist who is also fine.

|  Greta doctor, poor staff  |  show details
by ..... on Apr 18th, 2013

Dr. Diliberto is excellent. He gives you all the time that you need - not as little as he needs. He is truly concerned about your health. Truly an "A" doctor. An he follows up His staff is not as good. They don't seem to know what is going on in the office. Nice people, but definitely need upgrading. Fortunately, Dr. Diliberto's attention far offsets his office's problems.

|  Patient  |  show details
by Peter Hamill on Apr 5th, 2013

Very proffesional. Answered all my questions( and I'm not shy). Made the procedure as comfortable as possible.

|  Very Poor Communication  |  show details
by Gina N. Scott on Apr 4th, 2013

This was my first and last office visit to Dr.Diliberto. HIs lack of communication reguarding what he claimed to be my diagnoses. Left me scared and very confused. Now he wont give me a copy of my lab results unless I pay $50.00 for one page. :(

Feb 12th, 2013

After seeing Dr. Dilliberto for several months and missing some appointments due to my illness, he refused to see me again, no explanation, no call, nothing. I had to seek help from my primary phisician to continue treatment while I found another doctor. I find Dr. Dilliberto's actions bordering on unethical and will be reporting this issue to the AMA.

by Al on Feb 7th, 2013

18 years as my doctor; outstanding doctor, personable, eager to get to the root of the problem. He encouraged me to get a colonoscomy at 41 yrs old; he saved my life, finding pre-cancerous polups before they effected my health.

|  MaryLou  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Diliaberto for a couple about six years and find Dr. Diliberto and his staff to deliver professional, courteous and caring service. He answers all my questions and does not leave me puzzled. He's a great doctor with a great bedside manner. I will be visiting the good doctor for my next procedure this month and feel relaxed and confident under his care.

|  Mary R  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2012

Dr. Diliberto has been my doctor for over 10 years. My insurance has not allowed me to see him at times, but I return as needed anyhow, because he is smart, fast and accurate. I have needed several procedures and he prepares me well and DOES take time to answer questions. He will remain my Dr of choice. When you need an honest correct evaluation, he's the one I would go to! No hesitation.

|  Best Ever  |  show details
Jan 26th, 2012

What an excellant DR. He prepared us for death. My husband had acute Liver disease. Dr D was so involved with us that I was welled prepared when I lost my husband a few days ago. There is no one better than Dr D. Involved, caring involved.

|  Not a good Doctor  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2011

Doctor Jay Diliberto Just does not care about his patients. He is a very bad Doctor! I cannot be anymore direct and to the point than that!

|  A true physican  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2011

I had suffered from severe severe pain for months. I visited the ER almost every week to be labeled a drug seeker because THEY could not find the problem. It came to a point where I would be at home, suffering in pain and knowing that if I went to the hospital they would treat me poorly. I was finally blessed to see Dr. Diliberto. I went to Dr. Diliberto and was having an attack. Dr. Diliberto saw that I was in pain and immediately began to treat me. He asked short relevant questions and administered pain meds. He evaluated me quickly and immediately sent me to the hospital via paramedic. Dr. Diliberto then order the correct tests and had the surgery performed. He followed up with me and took care of me.I am forever grateful to Dr. Diliberto, Dr. Dahliwahl, Dr. Pearl for curing me of my pain and giving me my life back. Dr. Diliberto achieved what other doctors could not. He is what we all look for in a Physician. Someone who cares enough to help you heal.

|  Never Met The Man Only His P/A  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2011

Doctor Jay Diliberto has to be the worst Doctor I have never met. Every time I went to his office all I met was his P/A and the only answers from the P/A I ever got was, I will ask the Doctor and get back to you". But no one ever got back to me. So I raised a lot of concern about how I was being treated and My Primary Doctor received a Letter saying that I expected too much and is no longer allowed in my office. Since then any other Gastroenterologist I go to see will not even try to help me because of this letter he wrote about me. Plus I cannot get a copy of this letter from any Doctor. I was never rude or insulting to any Doctor in my life, but Diliberto is "It's my way or the highway" without even knowing the patients history of medical problems.

|  Very Professional Dr. and Staff  |  show details
by Tony T, Hunt Bch on Aug 25th, 2011

I highly recommend Dr. Diliberto and his staff. His office staff is professional and courteous. The Dr. is very competent and personable.

Jun 24th, 2011

This must be what medical treatment in Canada is like. His staff are like government employees. I kept thinking - I'm paying for this? Diliberto has a God complex - please don't interupt him when he's speaking. Prison inmates get better treatment and respect. Your questions won't be tolerated so don't ask. Not sure who performed my procedure because doctor couldn't be bothered to make introductions.

Mar 21st, 2011

Dr D is very professional and knowledgeable, he diagosed and solved the issue I was having quickly and accurately. His follow up care is great he always calls after a proceedure to check on my well being. I highly recommend seeing him.

Feb 15th, 2011

On my first visit, he was arrogant, berating, did not listen, continually interrupted so he could not possibly get a full history. Accused fellow physicians by name of being "stupid and terrible." His anger and unprofessionalism lead me to report him to my insurance company--the first time I have ever done so with a physician. A frightening experience.

|  Great GI specialist!! Thorough & personable !  |  show details
by Steve H on Jul 16th, 2010

I have seen many GI MD's over the years..and this one is the best. Great office staff, too !!

|  arrogance at its best  |  show details
by consideryourselfwarned on May 13th, 2010

Condescending and quick to suggest anti-depressants (despite any expertise in this field). Bedside manner was angry, judgmental, and very 'preachy'. Frankly, I believe he should be the one on medication, if in fact that is not the cause of his rudeness and flat out lack of compassion or helpfulness. This 'doctor' is only in it for the money..as is evidenced by his over billing up front, weeks before your procedure, and then billing later thru the mail...all before submitting the bill to your insurance! Avoid this guy at all cost!