A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Elder:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Elder, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine.
Education & Awards
Dr. Elder graduated from Drexel University , Philadelphia.
Dr. Elder has 1 hospital affiliations:
- Punxsutawney Area Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Elder accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- UPMC Health Plan - 13 plans
- United Healthcare - 17 plans
- Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois - 1 plan
- Humana - 9 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Gateway Health Plan - 2 plans