Dr. Jay Fernando MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 1st, 2016
It is the doctor that is sick
This doctor perscribes suboxone for life. Does not try to get his patients off drugs. Only in it for the money. Raises his already rediculous prices regularly. Over prescribes subs to get you hooked.

October 27th, 2015
Find a BETTER Doctor!!!
Absolutely one of the rudst Drs. I have ever encountered! Dr. Fernando has a terrible bedside manner and an ego to match. I went to him for help and he threw my past wrong doings back in my face. Do yourself a favor and find a Dr. who is compassionate and won't pass judgement upon you when you're trying to do the right thing in seeking help. It is quite obvious that this Dr. is only in the business of making money and not truly caring for their patients

May 1st, 2015
Iv never had a problem with the staff. Or have had one with Dr Fernando they kno me by name and acomidate any changes in appointments i need.

December 17th, 2014
Great!
I had no problem at all getting in a new patient consultation with Dr. Fernando same-day. His office staff is the nicest office staff I've ever been around. The only time I ever had to wait was when I myself showed up late to an appointment. Dr. Fernando is considerate, funny and an interesting person if you ask him about himself. He was willing to sit there and give me help on not just my medical issue but also advice on life in general, which I think is really neat.

June 16th, 2014
Extremely Delayed practice
Doctor is okay but Practice takes forever on each appt. I switched and every appt i was waiting for more than 2 hours. That is absolutely rediculous.

January 21st, 2014
Dr Good, No Manners, Appt takes so long
Dr. Fernando is a good doctor but I had issues with his Bedside Manners. He would take his personal phone calls while with patients. His appt takes atleast 2 hours or more. It was just ridiculous for me to wait and miss my work all the time. I finally switched after trying him for 9 months. I could not handle the loss of hours.

June 3rd, 2013
No Issues so far
I switched to him after got recommended by my physician as he is moving from the state. He was thorough in his examination and very detailed. I had to wait for more than an hour and thats the reason I rated him 3 stars. Otherwise NO Issues so far with him or his staff.

March 21st, 2013
Director
Dr J is by far the best MD we have ever had. He is accessible and his diagnosis is perfect everytime. Unlike most Dr's he takes time to understand the poblem and provide wholistic cures and not just for the symptoms...which Dr often do so you have to keep going back to them.

February 9th, 2013
Disappointed.
It is impossible to get an appointment with Dr Fernando in the mornings. Apparently in the mornings, he is working for another doctor somewhere else. Therefore I rate his office hours as Poor. Ladies work in his office are unfriendly and non-caring. Also his office needs upgrading. Smells stuffy. I got a runny nose after visiting his office. His dirty & messy bathrooms needs urgent cleaning.

January 22nd, 2013
Great experience
Very nice staff, will always work with your schedule if something comes up. Doctor Fernado is a very nice man, and makes you feel comfortable and encourages you to ask questions. The office is very basic, however I don't care for that much. All and all, it was a great experience with a friendly and knowledgeable.

November 2nd, 2012
The best care for Suboxone patients!!
I am a 31 year old working mother who became addicted to Lorcet/Percocet for about a 3-year period. I was taking 20-30 a day (when I had supply) but eventually came to a breaking point. After too many attempts to quit on my own and multiple episodes of suicidal thoughts & temptations, my wonderful husband, who was desperate to help me, found Dr.Fernando. I needed to see someone FAST and the staff at Dr.Fernando's office scheduled me to come 2 days after the initial call. (All other Sub drs had 2-5 wk wait time & the office staff at these places very rude/uncaring). Dr. Fernando and his substance-abuse counselor, Kristen, saved my life. Now I'm 3-months clean, and I know I have their support every step of the way. I can contact them ANY time to get the help I need. I drive from SC to come to his office. I initially chose him because his office was kind enough to squeeze me on at the last minute. Now I've chosen to stick it out with him, driving 1 1/2 hrs once/ month to see him. I could easily change doctors so I have one closer to home, but I know from talking to others that I won't get this kind of care anywhere near my hometown. To anyone looking for a real, final end to opiate addiction, I recommend Dr. Jay Fernando.

October 11th, 2012
been seeing Dr Fernando for one year now and found him to be he best i have found, he is very freindly and though he is easy to talk to and returns calls if needed. His staff is kind and are willing to help in any way they can. I recommend Dr.Fernando and his staff highly. his office is small and personal not a waiting room of 50 people coughing and sick waiting to see A doctor, try him you will like him.