Dr. Jay Floyd MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

April 2nd, 2015
walk the other way
NOT A TRUSTWORTHY PLACE, IMHO. If someone has been misguided enough to recommend them to you, just smile, nod congenially, and quietly walk the other way.

May 25th, 2014
An excellent primary care physician!
Dr. Floyd is an exceptional doctor. He cares deeply for his patients, listens and spends time with them, is very thorough in his evaluation and follows up regarding their treatment(s). He has been our primary care physician for the past three years since our move to Williamsburg. At our first visit he scheduled appointments with specialists who could treat our various medical conditions. He tracks our progress and stays well informed. We feel confident with his medical decisions and have the highest trust in his ability and skills. We recommend him without reservation.

May 15th, 2014
Excellent doctor and staff
Highly recommended.

August 15th, 2012
Outstanding Family Doctor
Dr. Floyd is outstanding. He cares about his patients and offers the best possible solutions to medical problems. I rate him a 10 on a scare of 1 to 10.

January 21st, 2012
Skewed Opinion
Dr. Jay Floyd seems like a great doctor on the surface. He showed interest in your aliments, seemed to be good with diagnosing problems and spent enough time to ask you questions to find the right answers. These things makes him a academically good doctor and I have no doubts about his abilities and education in this respect. My problem with Dr. Floyd is the question of caring from a human level. My friend recommended me to Dr. Floyd with high remarks. I saw Floyd, I questioned his human element but mostly ignored it because he did excel in other areas. My friend missed some appointments because her phone wasn't in working order to be notified and she forgot all together about her appointments. Dr. Floyd promptly dropped her by way of a certified letter to her door. The problem is that my friend wasn't home to receive it. So it was to her surprise when she did try to see him to find out she had been dropped and she was refused a visit. She was ill when she went to see him. Now I don't have a problem with Dr. Floyd dropping her. What I do have a problem with is that there are particular medicines my friend needs for her health. The one in this case is for her thyroid. She is now left hanging in the balance without this vital medicine and Dr. Floyd will not see her until she can transition so she can be prescribed this medicine, a medicine he has been prescribing her for a number of years now. The humanity element is gone from Dr. Floyd in my opinion.My friend will be okay but I know the dangers of thyroid problems because my mother was on the negative side of this problem in the past. That's why this bothers me so bad and has had an effect on my judgement of Dr. Floyd.So to conclude, Dr. Floyd as a textbook Doctor, great! Dr. Floyd as a caring human being, questionable at the most.

December 8th, 2011
Dr. Jay Floyd
Dr.Jay Floyd is extremely thorough, professional and knowledgeable. He spends time getting to know you and your concerns. His staff is courteous and kind. The practice is outstanding overall. Compared to other doctors that I have seen in the past, I am extremely happy with the care that I am provided.

April 25th, 2011
Dr. Floyd is an excellent physician. He is extremely courteous, knowledgeable, precise and trustworthy. I trust his opinion in all my medical decisions and am very glad to be one of his patients. He follows up every lead meticulously. Lab results are called to you even if they are in good range. I would recommend him to anyone who is interested in maintaining their health.