A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Galst:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jay Galst is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jay Galst, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 2 areas:
- Contact lenses
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
Education & Awards
Dr. Galst graduated from Columbia University, New York.
Dr. Galst has 7 hospital affiliations:
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Our Lady of Mercy Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Galst accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 3 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 15 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 2 plans
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 36 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Fidelis Care - 2 plans
- Affinity Health Plan - 5 plans
- Health Plus - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
- AMERIGROUP - 4 plans
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan - 2 plans
- Healthfirst - 11 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jay M. Galst practice?
Dr. Jay Galst practices Ophthalmology and Pediatric Ophthalmology near New York, NY.
See New York Ophthalmologists.