Dr. Jay Gold Is this you?

2.4

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jay Gold?

UNBELIEVABLE

Posted on April 10th, 2015

You need a REAL psychiatrist after speaking to the total cretin of an office worker he has answering his phone. This practice has ZERO credibility and you would receive better and more professional care from the County Health Department. Why do I have to give him 1 star?

Posted on January 5th, 2015

Unprofessional. Only after your money. Charges $15 for lid orescription and to write a new one.

BiPolar

Posted on February 19th, 2014

TO THE PERSON WHO SAID AVOID THIS MAN LIKE THE PLAGUE, WAS CERTAINLY CORRECT!!!! This person, I would not even give him the respect of calling him a doctor, treated my husband for bipolar disease! By giving my husband certain medications, he only made his bipolar worse and worse! Gold's hands were shaking every time we went to see him! He had no good advice and made an absolute disaster out of my husband!!! My husband lost his prescription and Gold wanted $15, at that time, which was a few years ago, to rewrite a new prescription! HE ONLY CARES ABOUT MONEY AND HIMSELF. AVOID GOING TO THIS MAN!!!!

Dr. Gold seems to hate his profession

Posted on October 11th, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Gold's for 14 years. I saw him initially because he was close to my home and he accepted my insurance. I understand that in this day and time, insurance companies only allow an MD therapist to manage medications. The days of a psychiatrist really trying to diagnose your problems are over. I continued to see him because of the ease of receiving my medications, and I thought he actually cared somewhat about me. Yes, he is a bit odd, and no one would ever accuse him of being kind or empathetic, I still felt it was easier staying with him than starting from scratch with a new doctor.The end of our doctor /patient relationship occurred when he refused to write a letter to my company's flight safety doctor recommending that I stay on disability. I was deeply saddened and hurt because I was so unwell, I had to fight the urge to commit suicide daily. At the time of that visit I was told that after 14 years, he did not wish to treat me further.I suffered a massive heart attack months later and had a triple bypass performed. I have not worked a day since. I am 60 years old and can barely walk out to get my mail. I have had 2 additional heart attacks in the past 5 years. Dr, Gold's cruel rejection of me and my illness was beyond the pale. I feel he cares for no one but himself. He seems miserable in his office sessions. If anyone has another option for a psychiatrist, I strongly advise you to take it.

Dr. Know-It-All

Posted on May 2nd, 2012

My first (and last) appointment with Dr. Gold was because I was looking for a psychiatrist in my new town. I was on a medication for bi-polarity, and I was still feeling manic. I was also having headaches, and wanted to talk to him about sleeping pills. We upped the doseage of my medication, but never spoke about headaches or sleeping pills, he rushed me out before we could do so. When I started my new dose the next day (a Saturday), a terrible headache hit about a half-hour later. I looked it up on the NIH government website, and it turns out, headaches are a side effect of the medication, one that should be talked to the doctor about immediately. I called Monday morning, since that was the first time they'd be in the office, and left Dr. Gold a voicemail saying that I'd figured out what was causing the headaches, it was the medication, and that I needed to talk to him about switching medications. The message I got back when his assistant called to schedule a new appointment was, essentially, "I told you I don't deal with headaches, I've never heard of that medication causing headaches, but just cut the pills in half". There were three problems with his response. First, I'd never said anything about wanting to talk about headaches, I just said that I'd figured out what caused them. Second, I KNOW that headaches are a possible side effect of this medication, because a reliable source said so, and third, if I were to cut the pills in half, that dose would be lower than when I came into his office, causing me to be more manic, so it's definitely not a solution.Avoid this man like the plague. He thinks he knows it all, he acts like he knows it all, but he doesn't know it all.

Not reccomended

Posted on April 20th, 2012

Dr. Gold has a terrible bedside manner and was not at all accurate in diagnosing me or giving me the proper medication. His staff are very caring; it's too bad he is such a grouch and very moody from appointment to appointment. If he was a good medical doctor, I could over look his personality, but in both areas he is inept.

Posted on October 24th, 2017