Dr. Jay Goldberg MD Patient Reviews

June 3rd, 2016
Great OB Doctor!
I drive almost two hours one way to see Dr. Jay Goldberg!! I just love him! He has a wonderful bedside manner. Brittany worked wonders to schedule my appointment and Marina was attentive and courteous.

March 4th, 2016
Beyond amazing

March 9th, 2012
Run quickly
If I could give no stars I would. I have never written a review before but have used yelp many times and often thought I would like to write one. I never thought the first one I would write would be this but please listen to someone who has suffered the ultimate loss at the hands of the irresponsible and cavalier Dr. Goldberg.Run and I mean run from this practice. I, like some of the women below, believed I was getting superior care from Dr.Goldberg and I was sadly mistaken. I was a patient of his for many years and believed that he was a kind and intelligent Dr. Now I have paid the ultimate price. The loss of my child. If you are prepared to lose your child at 40 weeks then keep going to him. If you want to avoid the pain of child loss for the rest of your life then find a new practice. There are many out there. His use of inappropriate innuendo should not be mistaken for charm. He cares only about himself and telling dumb stories without asking serious probing questions about your well being. He is always rushing and running late. He is super cavalier about pregnancy when he knows the truth that 1 in 150 are lost after 20 weeks. He made enormous errors in my case and did not share important risk information with me that he should have. Now only after losing my child have I read all the ACOG (The American Congress of Ob Gyn's) memos that he received and has read but never shared with me. When I asked him why this happened and why he didn't warn me his reply was "We don't like to talk about it because it hurts us". Seriously? He has no idea what that kind of pain this is. Having to deliver your deceased child is far more painful for the woman than for the doctor. LIving every day without your child is a pain beyond comprehension. Unfortunately the nurses at this facility suffer this same kind of cavalierness to their care that trickles down from above. They did not do the proper testing on me because they needed the room for another patient. That test could have saved my child's life. Several years ago a woman told me that she nearly died due to his irresponsible care and I chose to reject what she told me. I thought that would never happen to me. He cares too much about me. What a fool I was! Now I only wish I had heeded her warnings. My child would be alive and I wouldn't be in so much pain. Please please please read this and look for another doctor. I can not stress this enough. Don't let him charm you into the ultimate loss. My life is forever ruined by this man's terrible care. I know now several other parents who have suffered losses like mine and some have come from this practice. I am not a one time story. Just make sure you don't enter this statistic it is not a club you want to join. Find another Doctor.

November 7th, 2011
Personable and Caring with EXCELLENT Bedside Manner
From my 1st visit with Dr. Goldberg, I knew I had a doctor that fit my personality. When I became pregnant with my daughter, I was so relieved that he was my doctor because pregnancy can be a stressful time, but he made it enjoyable and pretty carefree. All of my concerns or questions were not only met with a caring and attentive ear, he never let me feel that any concern was too small or not deserving of his full attention.His staff, especially Brandi, is just about the most friendly group of ladies I have ever met in the medical field. They become a huge part of your journey!I couldn't recommend this doctor or his wonderful staff with more gusto... 5 star care!!!

December 12th, 2010
Find another doctor, please!
Pros: He is a charmer - at least at the first meeting. I have seen another new patient being charmed away just like we were.....I can't write any more pros.... sighs!!!Cons: During my pregnancy, he was never concrete with his answers (evasive at times), and he had to look up every single drug in his palm pilot! You as a patient or your questions or request or even messages from your perinatologist's office will get lost among his 'ever busy', disorganized, and 'with attitude' staff.....and, the woman who took my blood the first time in his office jiggled the tube attached to the needle and gave me a scar, even after I told him that I had been severly injured in my arm during a blood test at another OBGYN's office (after this, he recommended another person in his office take my blood)!I could write more negative things about him but I want to share the most TERRIBLE experience with him:He CUT my inside by mistake (!) during a standard IUD procedure (inserting the clamp - which was metal and not plastic!).... by the time I got home, I already had to put plastic bag on my car seat and my jeans were all wet. I sat in the bathroom and I was bleeding like a thin strip of water dripping from a faucet....It was late in the afternoon, and I called his office immediately and asked if I could come by (if he would wait for me)..... you know what his response was? "I am at my kid's school doing a charity event" ....I called him a few more times that evening.... he never once said, 'go to the hospital & I will meet you there' or 'I will call the doctor in ER to take care of you' or 'I will call the doctor on call'.....instead he said, 'I do this IUD procedure all the time, and I never had a case of what you are describing... I don't know what to tell you...I asked, "should I go to the ER?" he replied...' if another naplin feels up in half hour, go to the ER'......... I had a tiny baby had home (we spent two months in the NICU)... my husband couldn't take me to ER... I also decided to tough it out that night and not go through yet another hospital trip...I bled pretty much whole night and after about 14 completely soaked heavyduty napkins (some were Depends), I went to him next morning... and you know what..... while I was bleeding, the staff still told me to wait for ~15 mins in the waiting room....And, then, Dr. Goldberg fixed the wound.....completely dismissive about my bleeding...The other reviewer is right.. he is too busy looking cool... He is too busy chitchatting with other folks while you wait in his office........and SMUG!!!

December 5th, 2010
Exceptional Doctor
I have to say Dr. Goldberg is one of the best obgyn that I have ever come across. I live in pasadena and was referred to womens care of beverly hills after changing from a horrible obgyn out of huntington hospital. I have had a few miscarriages in the past and was really scared about getiing pregnant again. Dr. goldberg took great care of me throughout my whole pregnancy.I had suffered from anxiety and depression. During my pregnancy he assured me that everything I was going through was not going to affect my baby. On top of that I did not have an easy pregnancy as well. Everytime I called the office to speak to dr. goldberg he would always get back to me no matter what (and I called alot)!Needless to say when I went into labor it was his day off and he ended up coming in to deliver my baby. He is not one of those dr's who is c-section happy also which is great to know. He had a great sense of humor and always made me feel like my worries and problems were going to be ok. He was right. He delivered my healthy baby boy. I will not go to any other dr again. Dr. Goldberg will always be my obgyn and deliver any other babies I may have in the future. When I was pregnant I did not want to have anymore children. Now, Dr. Goldberg makes me want to have more kids.Thanks DR. Goldberg again for taking great care of myself and my son!

September 27th, 2010
Knowledgable, fun and caring
Dr Goldberg is terrific. He is very knowledgeable and he has a warm personality and makes me feel very comfortable. He has a fun sense of humour which might not be for everyone, but it's a great fit for me. He delivered our only child and turned what could have been a stressful experience into a fun, positive one (!). Calls are usually returned within one day and the out of hours call service is returned promptly. I almost didn't want to write a review so as to keep him a secret- but with so many dodgy doctors out there, I think the good ones deserve to be recognized.

June 17th, 2010
I too am shocked at the negative comments about Dr. Goldberg as my experience was wonderful. Everyone has their own experience, so I don't doubt the other reviewer's validity, but for me he was amazing. I began seeing him when we were TTC and then once I was pregnant. From the first appointment through delivery and follow up he was always calm, very caring, took time to answer all of my questions (which sometimes were several pages long) and always made us feel like we were in good hands. Most importantly, he listened to what we wanted and created the exact atmosphere we desired for delivery. I always knew he was there for us no matter what. He's very popular, so his schedule can get backed up (especially if he has to deliver a baby in the middle of the day, which is par for the course in OB) but I couldn't say one negative thing about him. I have referred several women to him and they have all loved him too; not liked, but LOVED their treatment. I now live on the East coast and when looking for an ob for baby #2 my goal was to try to find someone like Dr. Goldberg. I came close, but in the end the delivery environment just wasn't the same. For me, I just cannot recommend Dr. Goldberg highly enough!

November 3rd, 2009
The BEST in the West!
I have to say I am floored by some of the negative comments about Dr. Goldberg. Dr. Goldberg has been my Dr for 9 years and he has delivered both my children. He has excellent bedside manner, Extremely knowledgeable in his field and was rated Top Doctor at Cedars Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles in 2006/2007! He gives me all the time I need during my appointments, answers all my questions and if I had any sort of test done, he always follows up with a phone call to check in on me. I have watched through the years Dr. Goldberg become more popular in Los Angeles. His schedule fills up fast, so plan accordingly. Dr. Goldberg is the best! I would have a baby every year, just so I could hang out with Dr. Goldberg! He cares about his patients. He cares about the babies. He's the perfect Dr.