Dr. Jay Guido MD Patient Reviews

• Urology Ormond Beach, FL

3.9

June 2nd, 2016
Eecellent Physician
I have to 'right a wrong'. Last year (May, 2015) I did not think his office staff was very professional and quite chaotic. This year (June,2016) they were professional, courteous, and reflected Dr. Guido's professionalism. He is such an excellent physician and for what I go through (kidney stones/loss of use of 1 kidney) i could not have a better physician nor would I want any other Doctor. He's kind, considerate, "on top of his game", listens to you and takes notes. Highly recommend him.

April 4th, 2016
Excellent Doctor! Takes the time to explains diagnosis with me. Excellent bedside manner at hospital and office visits. I would recommend this Doctor to everyone.

June 26th, 2015
Pros & Cons
Pros - easy of appointment, friendly front office staff, prompt service Cons - friendly but dismissive bedside manner, rude staff, lack of nursing knowledge, poor explanation of procedures, lack of follow-up...did I mention the rude staff? As a person who works in the medical profession, I do not believe this doctor lacks an understanding of urology. However, I think he lacks the thoughtful expression of his intent. I also believe that he will brush off any concerns you have about procedures he deems necessary. I am fortunate enough that I have an understanding of anatomy and physiology, those who do not could be easily driven to unnecessary procedures and ineffective results. When I questioned the chosen procedure, the staff became defensive and irate. This is not a practice that I would recommend if you are looking for a thorough explanation of your health care concern or compassion towards it.

July 31st, 2013
Great Doctor
Dr. Guido is great I don't understand some of the other reviews he goes above and beyond to make sure that you're comfortable with him and he is always happy which is a nice change from doctors who are always so serious and have no personality. The only issue is with his personal nurse she is rude and condescending. All the rest of the staff are wonderful and go above and beyond to make you at ease.

August 1st, 2011
Not a problem for me
The wait time, though long, is a lot less than almost any other doctor I visit. I gave it only three stars because of that.As far as spending time, it is hard to explain. That one could easily be 4 stars.

June 12th, 2010
Excellent Care
Staff was friendly and professional , Dr. Guido was very compotent and right to the point . He had my Father cured of condition in no time. Highly recommended.