Dr. Jay Lee MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 28th, 2015
down to earth MD
I am an RN, who has worked in Telemetry and ER. I knew of Dr. Lee's reputation from people who worked in Cath lab. He was looked at as the Yoda of heart arrhythmia. My mother had been having recurrent afib episodes (twice a week), and we were worried about stroke risk. Her cardiologist sent her to Dr. Lee, and she had an ablation. That was a few months ago. No more afib. YEAH! Her and my father agree with my observations. The most down to earth doctor around. Couldn't ask for any better. He has all the reason to have a big ego, but he does not. Just a nice person. People have commented that he is hard to get an appointment with. I think this is probably true. But, doesn't that say something about the quality of his care? He is in demand because of his expertise. Worth waiting for an appointment. As an RN, I have seen other patients in hospitals without such a great outcome.

June 13th, 2015
He didn't read or ignored my primary doctors information on my thyroid condition. He also tried to talk me into surgery but I didn't feel comfortable with him. He insulted me several times so once I was eligible for medicare insurance, I found another doctor and am very glad of it! Stay away from this arrogant brat!

January 2nd, 2015
Not happy with Dr. Jay Lee the cardiologist

October 19th, 2013
Expected better
So busy it's hard to see him. After initial visit, if a problem occurs, you only get his assistants. When people have heart issues it's scary and he doesn't always recognize it. Have a heart when dealing with patients with heart issues....it may improve his practice.

November 6th, 2012
I want my time back.
Horrible doctor. I wanted to leave 5 minutes into the appointment. It was obvious he was only interested in talking, not listening to me. No way was I going to trust him with my body.

October 28th, 2011
If you need an ablation this is the doctor to go to
Dr. Lee performed a heart ablation on me about 10 days ago. I am a 37 year old female and I had sinus arrhythmia. I was very hesitant to do the surgery initially because there is a chance that your heart won't go into arrhythmia and they won't be able to ablation the areas and you might have to try and so the ablation at a different time. I was fortunate and I went into arrhythmia and Dr. Lee was able to do 9 different ablations on me in just a few hours. Dr. Lee is a genus! Since my ablation I am sleeping better and I feel like myself again. I didn't realize how frequent my arrhythmias were happening. I thought I was just having anxiety. I am so grateful I was fortunate enough to have Dr. Lee as my surgeon.

February 5th, 2011
I am a lab rat
Dr Lee was referred to me given his reputation in the OC area. I saw him for total of 3 visits, each time I felt my life was hopeless, and I had no choice of ever recovering or return to a normal lifestyle. Besides the general hopelessness that he always made me feel, on my last visit with him, it was very clear to me his true interest was not in patient care, but his own reputation.I was diagnosed with AFib in 2010, and that was the reason Dr Lee was referred to me as a specialist in Electrophysiology who does ablation procedure. He made it clear to me as well during my first visit that he's the one in OC well known for it, which I thought was kind of strange.During my last visit with him, upon asking if I would require multiple procedures to which he responded yes and likely 2 or more. However, after 2 procedures, he said he will usually send his patients elsewhere, because it's bad for reputation to operate on a patient multiple times. I then inquired if I had persistent problem, wouldn't it be better for me to see the specialist that he refers other patients to, instead of waiting for him to have 2 failed procedures then kick me out of his practice because it hurts his reputation to continue to treat me?!? He would not provide me the name of the doctor that he refers his patients. He wants his shot at me, and I feel I am just a lab rat to him, nothing more. His treatment approach is extremely aggressive. From the medication he uses to his approach of almost persuading patients to go under the knife (partly to build his own skills/experience).I can not run fast enough away from his office. So I can only suggest check references and talk to multiple doctors. Not all doctors are in the profession for patient care.

May 11th, 2010