Family Practitioner, Primary Care Doctor

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Feb 11th, 2016

The beat doctor I Idaho. Kind and caring. None better

by Wayne McCluskey on Dec 16th, 2015

Dr.Hansen has always been a very caring and honest person.He helped me when I was having very bad headaches and got me to the right dr.for headaches wish he also is a life saver Dr.Green by Idaho center. Dr.Hansen takes his time and is my rock star.very great dr and very amazing.

Dr. Hansen used to be a good doc show details Dr. Hansen used to be a good doc
by XK on Aug 3rd, 2015

Dr. Hansen used to be a very good doctor, he was taking his time and trying to figure out problems. However, last year or so he started slipping. It's nearly impossible to schedule an appointment for closer than a month away. His wait times turning out insane - nurse picks you up about 5-10 mins after scheduled time and takes you in a tiny room, and you end up sitting there 30-45 (yes, up to 45 minutes!) to see the doctor. However, when we were stuck in construction on our last appointment, I gave them a call to check in and say we might be about 10-15 minutes late, but we are on our way, they told us that if we are 15 minutes late we will have to reschedule. Kinda one sided on timing. During last appointment doctor said that our 9-month baby is malnutritioned and gave him diagnosis "Failure to thrive", because he is 9th percentile on his weight - they weighed him at 17.7 lbs, at home we weighed him at 18.2 lbs. Just to make it clear - our baby started rolling over at 2.5 months, standing up at 6 month, crawling at 7 months, walking holding the couch at 8 month. By 9 months he sits by himself, crawls, stands and walks holding himself up on the furniture, pick up small objects with his 2 little fingers, drinks out of sippy cup, replies "yes" and "no" by shaking and nodding, and obeys when told "no"! He is very active, alert and smart baby, very happy, has a bit of chubby rolls on his legs and arms. Dr. Hansen was pushing a formula on us since baby was born, but we did strictly breastfeeding until 6 months, and started adding solids to breastmilk until 8.5 months old, by 9 months baby was transitioned to solids. Dr. Hansen said baby was 9th percentile on his weight, and was malnutritioned. He said we need to get him on formula to gain weight. My husband said that we have a lot of frozen breastmilk stored, but Dr. Hansen said formula would be better. He also said that his skin color is little yellowish, because of iron deficiency - sign of malnutrition, and offered testing. He left to get nurse. His lab nurse did test, and our baby's iron was 13.7 - scale is 10-14. Nurse was surprised and said he was not low at all. Nurse left, then returned and said that Dr. Hansen recommended baby to be formula fed at this time anyways. We were kinda stomped: doc made diagnosis, did testing, testing did not confirm diagnosis, doc did not do any other testing, nor showed up to explain anything (!) or finish appointment, just sent nurse in to recommend formula over breastmilk saying that baby needs to gain weight?! If he is yellow not because of iron, then it might be something else? Who cares! Just give him formula, fatten him up! Then in post-office visit summary Dr. Hansen put down diagnosis "Failure to thrive" - my baby who beats all milestones few months ahead of most babies does not thrive?! This was my last visit to Dr. Hansen, not recommended to anyone.

favorite doctor show details favorite doctor
by Rebecca on Mar 28th, 2014

Dr. Hansen is my son's doctor. My son is 2. Dr. Hansen is the best. The only other doctor I have like was my OB/GYN. I won't take my son to any other doctor.

Inflexible show details Inflexible
Aug 14th, 2012

I have to work until 4:30---4:30 is the last time this clinic will schedule an appointment... takes me 10 to 15 minutes to commute to the clinic from my workplace and I wait 15 to 20 minutes to see the physician... but they will not schedule me for 4:40 or 4:45 even though I won't see the doc til 4:45 or 4:50, can't get off work early, won't miss work to spend money on a doctor visit, but this clinc is completely unacomadating... all thye need to do is wait for 10 or 15 minutes for me to finish work and I will be there, but noooooooooooooooooooooo... I'm looking for a different doctor/clinic one that can be more flexible with work schedules!

WONDERFUL show details WONDERFUL
Jun 1st, 2012

A wonderful doctor that takes the time to listen, think and explain things with as much detail as you need and more. I never felt rushed, I never felt like he had other things on his mind and most of all, I was cared for. My wife and I both couldn't say enough nice things about Dr. Hansen. This is what medicine is supposed to be like.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
May 15th, 2012

My family has been seeing Dr.Hanson for about 4 years, and he is wonderful. Highly recommend. His bedside manner is amazing, so sweet and one of the most caring humans I've ever met.

Dr Hansen is a wonderful doctor show details Dr Hansen is a wonderful doctor
Nov 1st, 2011

I have seen doctor Hansen for a very long time. He has gone above and beyond to assure my good health, and I truly mean above and beyond. I recommend him to a few friends and they all now see him as their primary care physician.