A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jay Hess:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Bone Marrow and Lymphatic Tissue Cancer (Hematologic Neoplasm)
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
Education & Awards
Dr. Hess graduated from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore.
Dr. Hess has 3 hospital affiliations:
- University of Michigan Hospitals & Health Centers
- Hospital of the University of PA
- University of Michigan Health System
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hess accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Health Alliance Plan of Michigan - 4 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan - 20 plans
- Humana - 12 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Unicare - 12 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jay L. Hess practice?
Dr. Jay Hess practices Pathology, Clinical Pathology/Laboratory Medicine, Anatomic Pathology, Anatomic Pathology & Clinical Pathology, Hematology, Hematology, and Hematology & Oncology near Ann Arbor, MI.
Additional practice locations include: Philadelphia, PA.
See Ann Arbor Pathologists, Ann Arbor Hematologists, and Ann Arbor Oncologists.