Family Practitioner,Wound healing, Non surgical Orthopedics
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 10th, 2016

He is not a good doctor

Dr Holland saved my life 31 years ago show details Dr Holland saved my life 31 years ago
by Linda King on Feb 25th, 2016

Dr. Holland cared for me from 1984- 1985. he diagnosed my illness correctly as hepatitis when Doctors I saw before him thought was a back injury.He cared for me through the worst two years of my life and treated all the aspects of hepatitis individually and effectively. quite simply, he saved my life and my 3 children and 2 grandsons i'm sure appreciate that fact.

Disappointed show details Disappointed
Dec 28th, 2015

I had been seeing Dr. Holland for a couple of years and loved him but every time I went in, he wanted to draw blood. That was the problem I had there. The lady that does the blood work ALWAYS hurt me very bad. I am not squeamish about having my blood drawn. The last time she drew my blood, I left crying. The last time I went to see Dr. Holland. I was his first appointment of the day IN THE OFFICE. He came in late & got on the phone. I listened to him talk on the phone from one of the rooms for almost 30 minutes. I left very mad because I had to take off work to get there. They didn't seem to care at all. In fact when I left, I stopped by the front desk, where I was totally ignored. He called me a couple of days later to tell me he would not see me any more. I guess he was mad that I didn't want to wait however long for him. They all need a lesson in patient etiquette. The reason I went there that day was because of depression and that really made me feel much worse. Shame on you Dr. Holland, I really thought you were better than that. Luckily, I have since found a wonderful doctor. There are more out there!!

by Rachael hardaway on May 25th, 2015

I saw Dr. Holland for sciatic pain in early 2009. He acurately diagnosed my pain and referred me to the best neurosurgeon in Little Rock. Actually the neurosurgeon he referred me to is top rated in the nation. He treated me with compassion and spent ample time understanding my concerns. He treated me with respect and kindness. Only great things to say about this doc.

A GREAT Doctor with a capital 'G',,,,, show details A GREAT Doctor with a capital 'G',,,,,
by Marsha and Sandra on Jul 22nd, 2013

We are sisters and both agree with our opinions of Dr Jay Holland. We wish that everyone could experience a doctor like him. He has never let us down. He is always right on with his diagnosis and treatments. Whoever stated that he will give you any meds you want is way off. He would never do that. He has been my doctor for 20 years and has never left us high and dry when treating us. He is a perfectionist in treating his patients and that is why he spends time with each and every one of them. Most of the time I am seen in a timely matter, but there have been a few times that I have had to wait an hour (after all I have been with him for 20 yrs) b/c he loves his patients enough to listen to them. He has NEVER misdiagnosed me, my sister, my husband, my parents, my children or friends. I wish there were more doctors like him. If you know of one let me know......he has a lot of patients and may need help with his brand of patient care.

Huge heart & insanely intelligent show details Huge heart & insanely intelligent
by Angie L on Jun 3rd, 2013

I have been conditioned to seeing Dr's that get you in & out. You're nothing but a number. Dr. Holland makes every patient feel special. His knowledge of the medical field is mind-blowing. To top it of, he has a great front desk staff & the sweetest nurse. I tell everyone I know to use him. I've never met a Dr. That takes his patient care so seriously,

Patient show details Patient
Aug 21st, 2012

Dr. Holland is happy to write most anything you want. Then when you ask to help get off the medication, he doesn't want to admit he has any part. It's very sad when you are in true pain, depression and have anxiety - things get better and the patient gets stuck with the addiction. Beware of this before allowing his staff to treat you.

A three hour wait, even with appointment show details A three hour wait, even with appointment
Apr 11th, 2011

I saw Dr. Holland with a scheduled appointment at 11:15 and walked out of there at 2:30. His nurse was the one "who got to know me" while he talked with the pharmaceutical reps. I had an appointment with HIM mind you, not his nurse. When he did come in, he just made small chat and stayed around 3 minutes, not even looking at the notes she took - it was all a formality. It was $300 for that appointment! The building he is in is a very small, old home with nothing modern and lab work has to be sent off. If you have an UTI, you won't know about it for 2-4 days if you get it on Friday. This is ridiculous, because the infection makes you feel miserable and could be serious. Furthermore, I had to leave confidential information about myself with his receptionist because his nurse practicioner doesn't have a voice mail! I was greatly dissatisfied, left frustrated, and felt insignificant. Had no choice in seeing him though, the hospital mandated he be the one to follow me through my surgery. Oh, lucky me.

Can't find better! show details Can't find better!
by Danielle on Jul 16th, 2010

Dr. Holland and his staff are the most caring and loving people you will ever have the pleasure to take care of you. Susie is awesome and the rest are just fabulous. You're not just another number it's like you're family.

by M.A. Heath on Feb 1st, 2010

Wonderful and caring physician.Well respected and admired in the medical community as well as in the patient population.Willing to spend the extra time needed to explain to patients their diagnosis, test results and medications.