Dr. Jay Joseph MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

January 13th, 2014
The other review with only 1 star was right.
I should have gone to check the review on this website prior to seeing this doctor. I have had over a decade of complicated cardio problems since my 20's, and wanted to drive all the way out from North Atlanta to this practice because of all the good things I hear about Gainsville being top notch for cardio. While maybe "other" physicians in this practice might be good, this guy right here barely shows any reason as to why he got into this job in the first place. I took a WEEK to right up a very elaborate one pager of my entire medical history, because there was so much to cover. When he walked in the room, as I was about to hand him a copy of the 1 page write up, he looked at me as though I was wierding him out for heaven forbid making him "read" something, during our consult. He didn't even bother going over the paper with me, and made the entire visit completely awkward, giving this vibe as though since I'm not an old person in my 60's walking around near half dead, then if my EKG looks ok he doesn't really see why I came to see him in the first place. The phrase "bare minimum" doesn't even cover it. The term "bedside manner" is non-existant to this doctor, and frankly his attitude comes off like HE has some personal attitude issues he's not dealt with for quite some time. I usually don't even take the time to write reviews online, but this guy was a total joke. 5 minutes in the room and he makes you feel like if you take up the 6th minute of his time you're inconveniencing him, we never even got to cover the blood work I wanted to talk to him about, he just put the stethascope on me, read my ekg, threw out some arbitrary recommendation of a CT scan with routine echocardiogram, and he was out the DOOR! If I knew being a cardiologist was this easy maybe I'm in the wrong profession. I would love to come into a room for 5 minutes, bill insurance near $400 and walk away with an attitude as if I even did anything to earn my salary. Never going back again to this joker.

October 25th, 2013
I had no choice of doctors at the time of my admission to the hospital and had Dr. Joseph to perform the procedure that reversed my AF. At the time I was somewhat put off by his lack of interaction. This changes as you get to know him. His doctoring skills are A plus and I do still go to him for my cardiology needs. I would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone needing a really good and informed doctor.

September 6th, 2013
He may have the required medical training to qualify for his job, but I've not been treated with that much contempt in a real long time. Just 'cause he's spent a lot of time in training doesn't drive down the IQ of his patients. He left me with the feeling that I had interrupted the important things he had to do. If a guy agrees to take my money, he needs to show at least a small amount of respect.