Dr. Jay Katz MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

• 7 reviews

October 11th, 2015
Took 2 days to get a response from his office to set up an appointment. Love his PA, but he isn't doing my surgery. Katz spent less than 5 minutes talking to me. If you have a straight forward knee replacement I think he would be fine. I have an unusual situation and he seemed a little clueless about what I was talking about. This was a total waste of my time & money. The PA gave me more info than the doctor. As for follow up . . .

November 9th, 2013
Dr.Rock of Gibraltar
Dr. Katz was recommended to me by my pain doctor, my regular knee doctor, my endocrinologist, my shoulder/hand doctor & most importantly my Internist…! They all said there were plenty of other very good doctors but for my knee they all agreed that the "Rock of Gibraltar" Dr. Katz was who I should go to meaning he is Tops . They were right. We got along very well. He told my wife & I about the surgery, what to expect , what my recovery would be, told us about the home health care Physical Therapy person who would come to our house & kick my butt. It was a lot of work , a lot of pain but the good kind of pain & I am now out 2 months & feeling much better than before. T`he only glitch was that the epidermal nerve block did not take so I had a lot of pain when I woke up. As soon as they realized what had happened they made me comfortable with injections galore!!!. They had used 2 Doc's of Anestellogy for my surgery. The nerve block Doc. not so hot. But the next morning Dr. Katz came in & after asking how I was doing, he proceeded to apologize profusely about the Doctor who has messed up the nerve block & said that what ever i needed he & his staff would do anything for me. Pretty awesome!! BTW they had 6 surgeries where the epaderl nerve block did not take. It was the medicine!!!! it happens. The nurses all told me( as did my P.T.) I was better off that it did not take because i could feel my knee & it was better for recovery you could move you knee & it was not dead weight. They were soo right!!!!! He is a great doctor, has a great bedside manner, he is very conservative when it comes to operating on your knee says it will tell you when it is time, he has an awesome staff & the TOI Tower at TMC is first class.

October 2nd, 2013
Would not recommend Dr Katz
I had a hip replacement a year ago and it was not a pleasant experience. After the diagnosis he made me wait almost two years before doing the surgery. In that time, I was in pain. He was rather rude and in a hurry whenever I saw him. My hip now makes popping and creaking noises and his response was "don't do that". He made a joke on my last follow up visit that it makes that noise because he got the hip on Ebay. I didn't find it funny. I am going to have to have the other hip replaced and I will find a different Dr.

July 5th, 2013
I was terrified and had waited too long... But to my shock Dr. Katz performed super successful surgery. Answered all my questions and arranged great home health care for me right in my home as I live 125 miles from Tucson. I was walking without crutches and without pain in 4 weeks! I had been using a cane and had been on crutches 4 months before surgery. He is a talented and kind man!

June 17th, 2013
Terrible wait time, rude, & I now have a knee the side of a grapefruit!
Woke up from Scope miniscus surgery in mind numbing pain. The fact that he told me I'd be driving by Sunday when both knees were scoped at the same time was truly wishful thinking. The rehab place on the ground floor apparently thinks all female knee surgeries are knee replacements. They kept forcing my knee into the furthest bend when the knee was so swollen it physically could not happen (dr Katz confirmed). Follow-up appt kept me & husband waiting in waiting room for 2 hours. I'm crippled and have trouble walking 9 months from the surgery. I'm glad some people have good experiences with him. I found him rude and cursory. Staff nurse had torn gloves when she touched my wound. Maybe it depends on how you look? I'm confused about the behavior.

January 20th, 2011
"It's all in my imagination; so live with it."
Dr. Jay Katz, of Tucson Orthopaedic Institute, dismissed my pain from documented osteoarthritis by telling me the pain is "in my imagination." He spent no time listening to me and told me within I was wasting his time. I've never had such a negative experience with a doctor, and I waited two hours past my appointment time to see him!

November 27th, 2010
Best
My husband and I go to Dr. Katz. We send everyone to Dr. Katz . We cannot say enough good about him. He is outstanding, awesome, wonderful, looks after you. Some of the nurses get a little upset with him, because he wants only the best for you as his patient. If it doesn't happen he wants to know why!