Dr. Jay Kiokemeister Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jay Kiokemeister?

July 7th, 2017

I have see Dr Kiokmeister for over 10 years. He basically treated spinal stenosis and sciatica until back surgery remedied those issues. Then CRPS took control of my right thigh. He listened patiently and we worked together until we found medications that could lessen the intensity of CRPS pain.

December 10th, 2016

Dr. Kiokemeister took over my case after seeing another doctor in the practice for 5 years. He has worked with me over the past 18 months. He always answers questions patiently, I never feel rushed and has stayed informed as I dealt with a new diagnosis outside of his practice of medicine. He discusses treatment options and drug interactions with me as

December 10th, 2016

The office team always contacts me if, wait times will change my appointment time.

May 20th, 2014

VERY DISAPPOINTED - FAILED TO GIVE PROPER INFORMED CONSENT

I received an epidural steroid injection (ESI) from Dr Kiokemeister. After the procedure I have now learned that the drug that Dr Kiokemeister used for the ESI (KENALOG-40) is NOT APPROVED BY THE FDA FOR EPIDURAL ADMINISTRATION. Dr Kiokemeister never informed me that he was injecting a drug into me on an off-label basis. Had I been properly and legally informed that the drug injected into me was NOT APPROVED by the FDA for epidural administration, I would have refused the injection. The package insert for KENALOG-40 from the Bristol-Myers Squibb website clearly states at the very top "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE". Why is a drug being injected into people epiduraly when the package insert clearly states "NOT FOR EPIDURAL USE"? At minimum, informed consent should be obtained from each patient. This is something that I never received. I have also learned that ESIs are extremely dangerous. Several people have even died from ESIs. Arachnoiditis is also another very serious complication that may result from ESIs. I was never informed of any of these potentially very serious complications from ESIs. I would not recommend Dr Kiokemeister for any kind of invasive procedure due to his failure to give proper and legally required informed consent. For narcotic pain relievers he is probably OK.

January 22nd, 2013

Money Hungry doc, not skilled in trigger point injections!

He was not skilled at finding my knots to inject with the medicine. Any skilled physician can find them! I have since gone to another doc who found them by touching where it hurt and she was right on! Do not waste your time w. this money hungry doc who said he had to use X-ray guidance for trigger points. Other docs confirmed to me that that is not true. He also was sarcastic....sarcasm doesn't go very well when you are in pain. If you don't have compassion then find another occupation Dr. Jay!

January 1st, 2012

Probably very bright. Very good at giving injections into the spine. Does not wish to spend much time with patients. Primary goal is obviously making as much money as possible. Not that he is not a good doctor. He is. Quite capable.

July 8th, 2010

absolutely terrible

This doctor has a terrible bedside manner. He is impatient, curt and does not listen to his patients. Dr. Kiokemeister shows no compassion, comfort,or empathy, and is unwilling to work with or understand his patients. He is unable to be reached during his time off, and has no body on call to assist his patients. Frankly I feel he shouldn't be in this field and he's only playing doctor to make money. Anesthesiology and pain management is an extremely high paying speciality and I believe that's all he cares about. He is a horrible pain management doctor because he doesn't manage a patients pain he only manages their medication!! Do not got to this doctor!!

July 8th, 2010