Jay C Lick DO Patient Reviews

April 26th, 2014
beware bad doctor
Worst doctor ever

February 14th, 2014
I was scheduled for an appointment with Dr. Lick after having an oppherectomy and two cysts on my other ovary due to concerns with fertility. We had to pull information out of him and he didn't offer up any information that we did nor request. He had to look at my ultrasound and past medical history during the appointment as he did not bother to look at my chart prior to my appointment. He made no recommendations for follow up or any suggestions about what could help our situation or whether this would have an issue on my fertility. His suggestions for getting pregnant were to exercise, lose weight, and eat healthy. Maybe if he had bothered to look at my chart to see I have a history of eating disorders telling me to lose weight when I was a healthy weight would not be a good recommendation. I made an appointment for a second opinion with an NP who was great and developed a plan for how long we should try for and when to seek fertility help. Dr. Lick seemed to be inconvenienced by our questions and even for us being there. I felt he was a big disappointment in a potentially scary time in our life and I would NEVER go back to see him again.

November 1st, 2013
I developed Asherman's Syndrome because of the lack of care and attention from this doctor
I went to this doctor when I found out I was pregnant and on my first ultrasound no heart beat was found. I met with him for no longer than 10 minutes. He did not examned me at all. Just sat on his chair and said "I'm sorry. You had a miscarriage" and sent me home. He gave me little to no explanation on what to expect and didn't even suggested a follow up. I did blood tests every week to check my pregnancy hormone levels and after 6 weeks I started requesting help to finalize the miscarriage (medication or D&C) as the hormone level was not resetting to 0. All I heard from the nurses (because God forbide Dr Lick would talk to his patients) is that "everything was ok"!!!! This went on for 4 months when I had enough and went to another GynOb. Then I found out that my miscarriage was NOT completed and I had to go thru a D&C. Because of the time the tissues were inside my uterus, my chances from developing Asherman's disease went from 6% to 30.9%. And sure enough, now I have Asherman's Syndrome and I am going through several surgeries to try to get this fixed. Yes, he caused infertility to a woman that was perfectly normal and trying for the first baby! Stay away from this doctor.